1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BEST DVD MEDIA FOR PS2??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by BUTINU, Apr 22, 2007.

1. BUTINU

BUTINU Member

Hey which is the best media for backup ps2 games??
    Are MAXELL good like tiayo yurden??

and other question is normal that my ps2 keep like loading in games like god of war smackdown etc. the games are good no skiping or something just to be sure.
    thanks afterdawn members

2. BUTINU

BUTINU Member

3. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

Maxell Made in Japan are about as good as Taiyo Yuden, but I'm not sure if that holds true for ps2 games.

If you are getting them from a store, then odds are you are getting bad media. If you buy from a store, get Verbatim. They are very reliable.

For the loading, there is a chance your laser is weakening. Lasers have a harder time reading burned discs. It should still be ok though. Make sure you are not burning too fast though. I burn DVDs in general at 4x. Most cases though, you can burn at half the rated speed safely, so a 16x disc, you would burn at 8x or lower. Also, the better the disc, the more reliable the burn at any given speed.

I do not play many copies on ps2 though, so wait for some more info.

4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

It varies. Some people have good luck with the CMC MAG xxx disc while a majority consent to using either Taiyo Yuden, Maxell, Verbatim, or even Sony (Sony isn't as bad as people say but meh). It really depends what and how far you're willing to go. I say, if you can order online or something, get some Taiyo Yuden DVD-/+Rs for whatever your burner can burn and or depending on your PS2. For convience sake, you're better off with Verbatim like JaguarGod said because they tend to be genuine and not 3rd party companies posing as a 1st class brand like TDKs when you look around nearby stores like Frys, Bestbuy, or wherever else. Sonys are also good too IF you can find what you're looking for and granted it is what it is when you look at the media ID and location from where it was imported from.

5. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs are considered to be some of the best among enthusiasts due to their high quality burns, low failure rates, and media longevity. They are also used by drive manufacturers and Sony PlayStation developers. Verbatim, Phillips, and Sony AccuCOREs (made in Japan) are also very good. You can purchase media from an online retailer such as http://www.supermediastore.com (USA).

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim & Philips

You could have found this with a search as it is asked on a weekly basis.

7. BUTINU

BUTINU Member

thanks for your replay all. have some 1 knows a good updated 2007 site about dvd grades etc pls thanks very much all

8. BUTINU

BUTINU Member

today a bought 5 maxell dvd -r but when i check the id code there was ritek05 mm.. can u explane to me pls thanks all

9. steimy

steimy Active member

that means that they use Ritek dye when they make their DVD's
    Ritek G05 dye is what is considered medium quality media.
    http://www.teammodders.com/dvdmedia/
    But i think you should be just fine.