1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best dvd media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by fredo2121, Dec 17, 2007.

1. fredo2121

fredo2121 Member

I am new to this forum and wanted some input on dual layer media to put my movie back-ups. Until now i have compressed my movies and put them on Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R which is some of the best media i have ever used in regards to quality(IMHO). Now i want to put burn to dual layer but i see TY doesnt make DL media. So here go a couple of questions and i hope i can get some feedback from all of you:
    1.Is DL DVD+R media superior for movie backups versus DL DVD-R media.
    2.If so what is the best media out there. I usually shop Meritline and my burner is a Sony DVD RW DRU-710A.
    I know there will be various opinions and i appreciate everyones feedback and thanks in advance.

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I would recomend Verbatim +R DLs and booktype them if your burner allows. Best DL media available, IMO.

3. fredo2121

fredo2121 Member

thanks. that seems to be the consensus on this forum. do i have to be careful where the disks come from or are they all the same quality as long as they are verbatim. like i said i usually shop meritline and i wouldnt know how to tell where they are made until i can physically check them with Nero..

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Most of us are most happy with those "made in Sinapore" vs. those made in India.