1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD player to play burned dvds

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dsenart, Mar 30, 2003.

1. dsenart

dsenart Member

I am a really big fan of sony DVD players. I would like to get a dvd player though thats relatively cheap that will allow me to play back ups of my dvds as my sony will not do this.

if you could please suggest some good ways to do this i would appreciate this.

Or if you know of any good cheap modification services that could assist that would be very helpful as well.

Thanks
    David

2. PhilYang

PhilYang Guest

I'd like to strongly recommend CineVision DVP650 which you can get from RadioShack.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2003
  3. rickchild

rickchild Member

My Pioneer DV-350 works with all the media I have tried so far.

Used Ritek G04, Nan-Ya 2x, Bulkpaq DVD+R 2.4x, FWS Ritek DVD+R 2.4x, Bulkpaq Gen3, Gen4.

Multi regoin too, price around $150 I guess.
    I paid £100 in the UK.

4. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

If not looking to spend to much have a look at the cyberhome 402, very good machine, good company feedback and service with firmware, checkout its about 80 notes have a look at whsmiths, or any other of the cyberhome range. With reference the sony what backups are u doing if vcd you will probably need to do them on cdrw's or get hold of vivistar cdr's, dvds i have done backups that play fine on sony machines ie ps2/sav3000.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

[bold]SONY DVP-NS305[/bold]

This plays everthing I sling at it:

DVD,VCD,SVCD,XVCD,DVD-R/RW,DVD+R/RW,MP3 etc etc

It plays NTSC and or PAL which I know a friends Toshiba [that he'd spent good money on] wouldn't play NTSC (only in black&white)

I highly recommend SONY (they're not remote control hack though for multi-region,needs a programmed PDA from shop)

'My twopennies worth'

Last edited: Apr 7, 2003