1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best dvd-r disks

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by BW48439, Sep 3, 2004.

1. BW48439

BW48439 Member

Hey everyone. I just wanted to know what you guys consider the best blank dvd-r disks. Thanks a lot.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

ritek:good
    verbatim:better
    ty:best

3. terryzys

terryzys Guest

Totally agree.
    Of course the better quality, the "better" price
    :)

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Definitely agreed :)

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Nephilim
    Oh no... Nephilim the Mod. When did this happen? I've been sleeping again. Anyway, a belated congratulations is in order. Congrats and I hope you enjoy the position.

Getting on subject: Ricoh is a good disc as well and you have to consider the brands supplied by the same manufacturers of Verbatim and some of the others. Seems Verbatim is supplied by Mitsubishi as well as Taiyo Yuden, Ricoh and CMC magnetics and possibly others. So there are other good brands supplied by the same makers, such as Sony, Maxell, TDK and Fuji to name a few.

Imation and Maxell sell the Ricoh manufactured discs as well. Taiyo Yuden, also a supplier of Verbatim, manufactures for Panasonic, Samsung, TDK and some others. So, it is difficult to name a good brand without looking to the manufacturer of the disc. That poses a problem as well because the manufacturer info is not included on the packaging.

Yep, Verbatim, Ritek, Ricoh, TY, Sony, TDK, Maxell, Imation and several others are good discs (depending on who manufactured what).

@terryzys
    The best doesn't always entail the highest cost. Ritek is a prime example. It is lower in cost than some of the more inferior products, such as the CMC produced Memorex.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG]

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2004
  6. michigan

michigan Guest

Ilike the Ritek better, I can't play a Verbatim disc on my PS2 but they play most everywhere else. The Riteks I have yet to not be able to play them in anything.

7. BW48439

BW48439 Member

anyone riteks in particular you guys like? also, what are some reliable sites to get dvd media from and how do you know what your getting is the real deal? thx again guys.

8. HaiTac

HaiTac Member

9. brobear

brobear Guest

BW48439
    Meritline is one of the best for Ritek, authorized dealer with a good guarantee. http://www.meritline.com/dvd-r-blank-media-1.html
    You can shop around, just deal with an established dealer. Sometimes those deals that are too good to be true are...

As far as some of the others, check on Bizrate.com or a similar site. I've found sales at Sams, Best Buy, and similar sites. Just use good judgment and deal with reputable dealers. Pay attention to the guarantees and return policies. Then you have the plus of having your purchases guaranteed against fraud by the card companies.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG]

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2004
  10. brobear

brobear Guest

For those interested in finding who manufactured the discs they purchase, there are several programs that will do the ID. DVDIdentifier and DVDInfoPro are a couple of good freebies downloadable from the net. The DVDInfoPro is good for a lot more as well.