1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD+R Media to use for Thomson drive???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by 80smetal, Feb 11, 2007.

1. 80smetal

80smetal Guest

I just bought an xbox system. Thomsons aren't all that bad. It plays some of my cheap ass copied DVD movies perfectly, depends on the media. The ones that it plays flawlessy are just cheap ass and no name that i bought a few years ago. Talk about tempermental.
    I want to get a mod chip installed soon and i am just wondering what is the best type of +R media to use for backing up my games?
    I will be able to determine this by copying movies and seeing how well they turn out on different brands of media. I am thinking high-quality media along the lines of Verbatim or TDK Gold discs.
    What makes it even more confusing is that these big companies outsource to smaller manufactures in dodgy countries like India and China. I don't wanna end up with so many brands and millions of blanks discs i don't require. Can anyone offer some first hand experience with DVD media and XBOX copying games?
    Preferably a Thomson drive using +R media?
    Many thanks, Jean.

2. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

Verbatim is a great choice. They can be pretty expensive if you don't get a deal. Office max puts them on sale all the time for around 12.99 to 15.99 for a 50 pack and if you belong to sams club, there price is like 32.99 for a 100 pack.

Over 900 movies/650 xbox games all work 100% using verbatims!

3. 80smetal

80smetal Guest

Yes, Verbatims were my first choice :)
    Well that is good to know they are very reliable and high quality discs. BTW - I live in Australia so i ain't got no clue what you just said. DVD media is cheap here now, and i can get Verbatims at my local PC shop for a good price.