1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD+R media to use with NEC burner

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by WalterPK, Feb 9, 2003.

1. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

Hello, Anyone got this combo burner, Its an NEC DVD+RW AD-1100A. If so,what have u found to be the best type of disc to use. I've had a failure with a Ricoh DVD+R disc, but the same file worked fine on a HP DVD+RW disc. Any help much appreciated

2. jsl

jsl Member

3. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

JSL, thanks for reply. Seems to copy okay. When i put it into my Apex DVD player, it comes up with "dvd" as though its going to play then a sec later "stop". When I hit play, it says "disc error". As I said the same process and file worked on an HP dvd+rw. I've upgraded my Nero software to 5.5.10.7b and will see if that makes a difference. Other than that i'll try some different makers ie Verbatim ( thanks for the tip )

4. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

hi jsl, Tried again using a traxdata dvd+R and it worked no problem. That was with the updated version of Nero, so either way , it's up and running. The traxdata du=iscs are also cheaper than Ricoh, which is a plus.

5. tigress

tigress Guest

I used to have that drive before I got a DVD-R, and I used some unbranded generic media (that I purchased on e-bay) and they worked fine. No coasters, and they also work in my PS2 (game backups and movie backups)

6. NoSolderB

NoSolderB Guest

i have the version 4 with a no solder modchip,
    swap magic, and gameshark,
    i can boot cd-r games fine using nero and
    copy on the fly.
    i also have backed-up one dvd-r game using the same
    method only with dvd-r's and a dvd burner and
    boot with swap magic, it works great. It is called March Madness 2003 it is EA. i also tried backing up nba live 2003 (also EA), but froze at the start up screen showing the pic of Jason Kidd, i compared it on my pc and it is an identical copy, do i need to patch this game?
    if so how do i patch it, and where do i get the patch, DO NOT SAY MEGAGAMES, i tried it but they do not have crap

please send me more info

thanks in advance