1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by s2god, Jan 1, 2005.

1. s2god

s2god Regular member

Can someone tell me which DVD+r are the best and where i can find them. Also, if ur dvd burner says it recommends a certain brand,do u have to use it? i used a different one that what was recommended but wold it work better if i didnt?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd±r - one-click transcoding tools*

Post in the appropriate forum next time. My vote goes to Verbatim.

3. kchev

kchev Regular member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

5. puttie

puttie Member

ritek (ridata) i have found to be the best.

6. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

The mcc Verbatims are rated highly, but with verbatim you never know what you're gonna get. In fact, if you follow that link that Dogbomb provided and read the one feedback that is there, the guy says the disks he got are cmc, which is utter crap. I'd go with these Taiyo Yuden 8x from meritline:
    http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/taiyo-yuden-8x-dvd-plus-r-silver-thermal.html

My nec3500ag loves them, they're compatible up to 16x, and turn out great at that speed. If you need printable disks, I can't help you there, since I don't print my disks, but for all around proficiency and compatibility, I'd go with these.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I would have to agree that the Taiyo Yuden's are probably the best and Verbatum's are good as long as you stay with datalife plus. If the manufacturer of your burner recommends a certain brand or format, I would stick with those unless you start having problems with them or want to experiment with other media.

As far as good budget dvd+r media goes, I have had very good success with Ricohjpn R01's.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  8. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I'm still stunned that so many people say Ty's are so good. I bought 2 25 pks of these under the TDK label and they suck. There are specks around the outer edge of the disc, which means the dye isn't uniform and could cause problems if you burn something that uses most of the capacity of the DVD. These discs also are hit and miss with being compatible with my XBox, which will play every other brand...even cheap-o's like Princo. Finally, I have ahd several of these have skips, stutters and total lock-ups during playback. Very irritiating.

9. kchev

kchev Regular member

stay with the branded TY's and you will have no trouble
    TDK's are not near the quality they used to be

10. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I just got my Verbatim DVD+Rs from Amazon, and yes, they are MCC003 (and not the crappy CMCs)! I was sweating it out there for a minute after reading that review about Verbatims being manufactured by CMC. :)

11. koaow

koaow Member