1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD RW media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by wdeacon, Apr 18, 2005.

1. wdeacon

wdeacon Guest

What are some of the better dvd rw media? I`ve bought a 5 pack of Fuji`s and the first three are worthless. They will record but the playback is goofy. Does Taiyo Yuden even make a RW? Office Depot or any of those guys have a better brand than the Fuji at Best Buy? Thanks

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Are you sure it's not your recording? The media ID on those are probably RICOHJPNW11, the same MID for Sony and my favorite, Ridata. The only other really good RWs out there are made by Verbatim (MID = MKM?) I'd view your DVD files saved on your hard drive first with PowerDVD to see if the original is okay before blaming the media.

3. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

I also use those Fuji DVD+RW and they are pretty good.

Maybe you did get a bad batch, it's possible.

I assume you burn them at 2.4x as I do ?

I have the NEC-3450A and the LG-4040B writers.

4. wdeacon

wdeacon Guest

Just looking back at what I did, I think that may be the problem. Burned too fast. Too quick in blaming the media. No way it could be my fault. Ha!! I just wish I had come to this conclusion before I broke a couple of them in two in a fit of anger. Thanks for your help.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Another good rw is sony dvd+rw media ID phillips 041. Bought a 10pk but have only used 4 because they just keep burning/playing flawlessly.