1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVDs for PS2 Backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DTam406, Dec 5, 2004.

1. DTam406

DTam406 Member

Hello

I know how to burn the ps2 games with dvds but then my friend told me that you can't just use any dvds because sometimes the game just stop working on you after 3-4 times or it will take forever to load. I would like to know which brand of DVDR prefer for PS2 DVD games. Beside the brand of the DVDRs I would like to know is it prefer to use DVD-R or DVD+R. Hope someone can answer my question. Thank you.

2. rustyfanz

rustyfanz Guest

well, if you have like V7 and up ps2, then I would say DVD+R because theyre just a tad bit cheaper in most places. V7 and up play both, or should, But if you have an earlier version ps2, then it won't play, more than likely, anything DVD+R. just remember, some burners only burn one or the other so you might want to find out which DVD type your burner burns, +R or -R. to your next question, I have heard that myth to, I would say the DVD's cant be like crappy off the wall brands. they have to be some kind of name brand, the best though ard HP. I use Teon's. hope that helps!

3. DTam406

DTam406 Member

Thanks for the info. I heard my friend said sony is good but I am not too sure. My burner burns +R and -R so I don't need to worry about that. Thanks for your help.

4. breach

breach Member

I use TDK DVD-R's and have yet to have a problem.