1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best External DVD Burner

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tekjunke, Aug 2, 2003.

1. tekjunke

tekjunke Member

I have an Acer TravelMate 800LCi laptop and I use it as a desktop replacement and I'm interested in buying a DVD burner mainly for PS2 backups. I'm looking at getting an external DVD burner.

What is the best external DVD burner? I hear Pioneer makes the best internal DVD burner, but I don't know about external drives. Also, would any DVD burner work for creating PS2 backups?

2. marvin378

marvin378 Member

You might check into getting the internal and putting it in an enclosure. You might come out cheaper that way as the internal go and sale and have rebates all the time while I have never noticed the external going on sale. I think the enclosure was $50 or so.

3. xwillx

xwillx Guest

where can u get this enclosure and what exactly is it? future shop has some sort of thing that hooks a internal into the USB port but it runs for about 150CDN but thats quite a bit more...

4. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

I use a Microsolutions backpack external DVD rewriter and it works perfectly for copying my ps2 games.

5. marvin378

marvin378 Member

I got the speedster 5. I forgot where though. you can look on the yahoo shop section and find it. It is basically a box that you put the drive in like a real computer and there is an output such as usb 2.0 or firewire.

6. djillini

djillini Regular member

I recommend find an external pioneer dvr 105 or 106 that is firewire ready.