1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Firmware currently available?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ryguy2, Oct 6, 2007.

1. ryguy2

ryguy2 Member

I'm kind of new to modding, but rather intermediate when it comes to general computing knowledge. Anyway, I was wondering what is currently the best firmware out there for the Hitachi(unsure of which version I have, but I got my 360 a month or two after release) drives? I want something with all of the features to prevent me from being banned on XBL, if possible. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, maybe with a little comment on why you think it's the best too, if you have the time. Thanks.

2. budro

budro Regular member

ixtreme 1.2rev 2 is the best firmware for not getting banned, hands down. it'll cost a little more in investments to make sure your games are stealthed so that they'll run, but it's worth it.

ixtreme is the best because, the odds of getting banned are slim to none because it'll only play games with stealth protectiion (ie DMI.bin PFI.bin SS.bin, correct layer break) all of that stuff to almost mirror image the original

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  3. ryguy2

ryguy2 Member

Because it has all of that write protection on it, is it harder to burn games? I'm fairly intermediate when it comes to computing, but the burning process still seems a bit complicated, imo. I also see conflicting strategies to burning games, which makes it all the more confusing.

I was thinking about buying a Samsung SH-D162C with Kreon firmware pre-installed, would that ease the process any?

4. theridges

theridges Guest

well if you want to copy games your going to need that drive or one of the other 3 drives hacked with the kreon...and yes this drive is good to copy games...

and its really not complicated at all there are tutorials on how to back-up games everywhere :)

5. ryguy2

ryguy2 Member

So am I correct to assume that if I get the Samsung burner, that I would not have to connect my 360 up with my computer to burn games? In other words, my 360 would not take part in the burn process at all, am I correct to assume this? The dump of the file(s) would come from my Samsung burner that I have installed into my pc, correct?

6. budro

budro Regular member

no, if you got the samsung READER (doesn't burn) then you wouldn't need to use your xbox to rip your games. you will still need a dual layer dvd burner though, i recommend the Pioneer DVR-111D with latest firmware from pioneer

7. ryguy2

ryguy2 Member

I'm a little confused. My current DVD-RW is the LITE-ON SOHW-1673S, could I use that combined with the Samsung burner previously mentioned to burn games without using my 360?

8. budro

budro Regular member

yes. you will need BOTH drive. the samsung is to READ ONLY! the other is to BURN ONLY :D