1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best for doing movies?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Nickelo, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Nickelo

Nickelo Member

I've got some 4X DVD+R Memorex DVD's that work for burning DVD movies on, as they play in DVD players and PS2 that i've tested. My question is this: should I go with a different brand or switch to -R?

Would the quality be any better on a different media, and would they last longer? Or should I just stick with what I've got?

2. 2005

2005 Regular member

As the old saying goes... "if it isnt broken, dont fix it".

Your media seems to be doing the job you need it to so theres no need to get different media, switching from + to - will not provide any quality gains as they are the same in quality and size.

3. Nickelo

Nickelo Member

Thanks - another question - how come when I burn a movie and play it, the volume seems low and I have to turn it up quite a bit to hear it comfortably. It's definatly no where near of how loud cable TV is on the same volume setting.

Any solutions for this or should I just live with turning up the volume?

4. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

I started using Rikek DVD+R media from the start. The reason being that +R worked well on my Harmon Kardon and besides the price for a 100 pack was rather decent. I'll stick with the +R media however I noticed that when I play my +R backups on most other DVD players they either won't play or stop halfway through the movie. I honestly believe that in a few years all newer DVD players will play both +R and -R media. The problems as far as I can tell is most of the older DVD players have the problems with the +R media, but as previously stated if it ain't broken don't fix it. Stick with what works for you.