1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best game of 2007?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by jbthegrt, Jul 18, 2007.

1. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

I would like to hear everyones opnoins on what they think will be the best game(s) of 2007 and why...Personally I think the best games,and what will help ps3 in the console war, are MGS4, Killzone 2, and Im not sure but GT5 if its comin out this year. To me MGS4 is the best series of video games out there. Thats right, I mean better than Halo. Never has such a storyline on a video game driven me, The game is so huge, in Snake Eater I felt like there was endless possibilitys. Onto Gt5, I think everyone knows how awsome that wiil be to begin with. With Killzone 2, its basically going to be our Halo

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I think Socom: Confrontation looks pretty dank. GTA IV (not exclusive) and MGS4 look good too. I'm also looking at Unreal Tournament 3.

3. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

UT3 will be realesed b4 360, if u want UT3 this year u can only get it on pc or ps3...In addition to that, You can create a level on the PC(if u know how to) and than transfer it to the ps3, thus resulting in endless levels to play, kinda like what I got for UT2004

4. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

for me Bioshock PC hands down :p

5. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

oh nice, something not on the ps3. That game does look good.

6. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

T2 has enough ability and moeny to port it to the PS3 but I dunno,devs are sketchy over its price and stuff,the sooner it drops the better off sony will be,but until then there are some games I am willing to keep an eye on :p

The PS3 really needs a stable price drop the current "it is it is not" over the 80GB unit is not helping, a bundle at 600 is better than nothing and will do till summer of next year but the sooner the PS3 hits 450 or under the the more devs will start porting or focusing on the PS3, this is the main hurdle for it, even if FF,Casltvina,MGS,Megaman,DMC and other PSX franchises put their best games on it now it still would not sale any better than the 360 has world wide.

Sony has set them selfs up for a hard short/medium run games wont be at their best on it till Xmas of 09 (it takes a couple years for normal consoles to get of the ground and show its real power) by Xmas of 09 I hope to see a solid 400-450 price point this will insure its dominance of the 2nd throne, the WII is King and theres lil sony/MS can do about it,its hard to match looks/power and entertainment VRS fun and low price the is the WII current Number 1
    if sony launched at 400 it could very well have been but for till at least mid 010 Nin is in again.

BTW After UT03 and 04 being watered down UT99 I kinda gave up on UT after them and the Halo wanna be U2,I hope whatever U3 is its half way decent and not another short sighted cash in....

WII fun games for all/price + nin franchises
    PS3 Power/entertainment + PSX franchises + JP 3rd party support
    360 Power/entertainment + MS franchises + PC game franchises

The mix is clear Nin is winning on price/innovation,Sony should win 2nd with whats left of its brand power MS gets the scraps mainly due to to its steal PC game M.O.

After 010 all bets are off,thats when the PS3 be at it best the price point will be great the games will be plentiful,but will it be enough to knock the looming super non gamer friendly phallic tower of "WII" to the ground I dunno.

Meh sorry for the long winded opinion,but with the price being high and games slowly trickling to the PS3 its in for a a 2 year starter drought.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  7. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

I don't agree with you at all... Ps3 wil be NUMBER 1 by christmas 2008 for sure. I could name off many reasons, for I have done tons of research on this topic, but I am very tired right now, maybe tomarrow i will prove you wrong...

8. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

LOL
    is cool ^^

I just think the PS3 will be stuck for at least 30 months in a game/price drought once the games come in and the price drops it will only have to face the WII and since the WII will sale 2-4 to 1 because of price and the new motion control system that attracts non gamers the WII will be number one in sales due to its price and both gamers and non gamers having it.

The PS3 has started in a high end game niche,the only way out is lower price and more games and that will take time.

The only system not able to leave or cross its niche is the 360 the lack of diverse 3rd party support is what is damaging it the most, the WII prints money so it can not lose the PS3 is already 3 billion in losses with more to come before it stabilizes(the price both Sony and MS pay to focus on power).

In any case the PS3 is tryign to reinvent the wheel,its hitting a ton of bumps, it should be interesting to see how it evolves in 08 and 09 altho I pretty much see slow and steady improvements.

9. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

I would like to hear the reasons you have, whenever your not tired.

MGS4 will not be exclusive in the end, will eventually port to 360, and maybe WII. (this was strongly hinted by Kazumi Kitaue on Gamer TV) The PS3 is an amazing machine, but with the development costs for a just a PS3 title being so huge, software houses will have to port to other platforms to actually make some money and stay alive, so IMO i think PS3 will not be "#1 by Christmas 2008" if it only has 2 or 3 exclusive titles. these exclusives maybe woth a purchase( if you already have the console) but not the reason to fork out for the console.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  10. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

na mgs4 will not port on to the xbox for starters the 25 gig blu ray disc isnt enough for the game, so thats gona be soo many dvds for the xbox, and so alot of things will be taken out if in fact it does happen

however konami said it will remain an exclusive, but other games like MGS may appear on the xox, but not mgs itself

11. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

I hate to tell you this...but BR is a non issue for gaming, the main reason the industry is set into a DVD9 mindset,and because of it devs wont go out of their way to create full blow 40GB games not now maybe in 3 years when the system has proved it can push game sales,until then most games will be made with "8GB chunks" in mind.

Remember Res:Fall of man? it was suppose to be 22GB well its only 13 GB real data and with compression and loading tricks and optimizations it would run fine on the 360 on 1 disc to boot and load 30% slow if not the same load speed,getting data off a BR disc is much more tricky and its not optimized very well.

Konami is in awkward spot MGS4 has cost them 50+ million they want revenue back on it thus going multi is a reasonable option,however its still 50/50 and will be 18 months after launch.

Still MSG4 on 360 is 50/50 Sony is scrambling to pay off devs to keep them or have better content (50 million for GTA4 stuff), the PS3 is everyones btch this go round it happened to Nintendo after the SNES its merely Sonys turn to for a groin shot.

The PS3 in the long run has the potential to give them 3-4 extra years to dev a new console properly I hope they use that time and create a solid fully BWC out of the box console,the WII has a solid 3-4 year run before nin needs to replace it,with the billions MS is putting into the 360 it looks like the Xbox 2 wont be seen till 012 LOL.

12. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

wel we shal see, but i think in time br is gona be very important, kojima himself said 25 gig wasnt enough

13. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

Ok first of all sony isn't "scrambling to pay off devs", Sony doesnt even pay companys for exclusivity..."We don't buy exclusivity",said Trenton... You can see it al here http://www.psu.com/node/11929 ...Secondly at E3 Hideo himself even said that MGS4 is completely exclusive to the Playstation 3.
    And for tyrantdj, There are not 3 exclusives inbetween now and christmas...

14. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

I will find you an exclusive list

15. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Stop getting off topic!!!!!! But anyways I think UT3 will be te best game for the PS3 this year(I will get it for 360 as soon as it comes out).I would of said MGS4 but that wont come out until 2008..

16. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

hahaha ya ur right, MGS4 wont come out until 2008, wth was I talking about

17. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

hahaha ya ur right, MGS4 wont come out until 2008, wth was I talking about

18. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

jbthegrt,

I didn't say the PS3 had 3 exclusives before christmas, I said "so IMO i think PS3 will not be "#1 by Christmas 2008" "IF" it only has 2 or 3 exclusive titles".

Oh, and still haven't heard all the reasons that Ps3 will be #1, You must be still tired.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  19. keeprolin

keeprolin Member

I dunno, I was a little worried about the Ps3 for a long time. But did you notice after E3, those xbox fan boys shut their yap after seeing KZ2 and MGS4? Honestly I was watching the E3 coverage on and off on G4 and the exclusive games that just kept coming up was Killzone, MGS4, Hevenly Sword, BioShock, Wii Fit, and Halo 2. Well that's 3 "exclusive" titles for the PS3 right there.

BTW best game of 07 looks to be like Hevenly sword or maybe Army of two (i thought that was a great idea and they had a really funny trailer at one point)

Hmmm Home should be coming out soon eh?

20. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

All right I am unsubscribing from this thread, when I said i was tired I men't tired from all the bs that automatically gets started up...If u really wanted u could go onto other threads that Ive been on and u could see my discussions there. This is just the same thing over again, I can't even talk about the ps3 without someone comin in and start to give off facts about the wii or 360 and how it will either be better or not, and of course I have to respond to it. If your gonna have a console debate this was not the thread for you.