1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best ISO To DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kendallHS, Mar 3, 2005.

1. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

bbmayo,

I gotta side with soph and brobear also on this one. Up to about 20%-25%, I'd say they are about even, after that, especially at high compressions of 40% or more, no contest. Intervideo's DvdCopy 3 blows it out of the water, no matter what media you use. Not to mention it's speed is unbelieveable, especially considering it's results. In fact I don't think any app out there beats it using with large files with big amts. of compression , except for RB/CCE which I think everyone agrees is numero uno. At least among the people that have used it.

BTW, I'm watching mine on a 57" HDTV made by Mitsibishi, using Verbatims, Taiyo Yudens, and Riteks(Ridata). I have also done comparisons using side by side split screens at 300% magnification and the superior quality of Copy 3 really shows up then. Profile lines show up sharp and smooth as opposed to blurry stairstep lines(with some pixelation in certain movies) in Clone DVD 2 or 3. Clone DVD 3 is the updated version you're talking about, and yes, I have used it too.

The differences are so profound at higher compressions it boggles my mind that you can't tell a difference, but the main thing is that you're happy with it, everything else is just "discussion". :>)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK if I do as bigorange has stated and zoom in to like 200% then I can tell a difference in the two DVD's. So now I am back to agreeing with you Brobear :) Now I can sleep better tonight LOL.. But... who is going to watch a movie at 200% zoom? LMAO The point is you can see that DVDcopy3 is the better quality disk so ya got me.. Brobear 1 bbmayo 0 :)

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

LOL, while you're right that no one is going to watch it at that, it does stand to reason if the detail is better enlarged it gives a better overall pic at normal viewing ratios.

I hate to see brobear win tho, maybe I'll switch sides, let's hear it for Clone Dvd 2!!! ;>)

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

By the way the clone dvd 3 you were refering to is a totally different proggy than the one from SlySoft CloneDVD2... Just thought you may want to check into that :)

6. brobear

brobear Guest

I'm with you BigO, I hate to see you being right. LOL So BB, we're all going to switch sides and agree with you just for the hell of it. ;)

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can't do that because I am switching sides.. So that means you back on your side.. ?? Or something like that LOL

8. brobear

brobear Guest

We know, one has to be careful when saying CloneDVD. There is CloneDVD, ClonedDVD2 (from Elaborate Bytes as well as SlySoft, same app), and CloneDVD3. Four different companies selling an app with CloneDVD as the main part of the name. Gets confusing... and many of us have a tendency to say CloneDVD when we mean CloneDVD2.

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

bbmayo,

Yep, you're right, I had a brain freeze! I do have the latest version of Slysoft's Clone Dvd 2 tho. I tried a trial version of the other, then deleted it after it expired...

Mmm...just for that, I'm just gonna say, nothing beats RB/CCE,LOL :>)

10. brobear

brobear Guest

BigO started it, Pro Wrestling rules. No one knows whose on their side until the disagreement is over. LOL Luckily, I believe we concluded this one. RB/CCE wins. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2005
  11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Now that one I can definatley agree with ;-)

12. brobear

brobear Guest

What??? Pro Wrestling rules??? Do I agree or disagree? I'm starting to get confused. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2005
  13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

All the above but I was talking about
    in particular ;-)

14. brobear

brobear Guest

Yep, I know. At least I think my avatar is back.