1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best media and speeds with Sony DRX-710UL

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by netman1, Jan 17, 2005.

1. netman1

netman1 Guest

I am new and looking to see what have been some of the experiences with different media with the Sony 710UL. I am looking to see which media works well @ 16X, 8X, etc. I have started my journey and have used the Sony DVD+r that is 1X-8X. After burning at 4x successfully I tried 8x and seen that the results were skipping. I understand that it is trial and error but trying to get a jump on it to reduce the # of coasters

Thanks

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I think its best not to burn over 4x...im sure some people will disagree...this is just mho

3. darylbe

darylbe Member

ive had success with all of my sony dvd R+ at 4x, but the generic brand dvd R+'s that i purchased off of ebay did not play on my dvd player at all. I currently have a 50 pack of dynex 16x R-'s, but am hesitating to open it in case it doesnt work (birthday gift). Does anyone have experience using different name brands of media, and do you think these Dynexs will work? I think im going to purchase a 10 pack so i dont lose as much money (30 bucks... im a college student... thats a fortune :) )

4. gguerrero

gguerrero Guest

I'v tryed one +RW or -RW dvd's but none had worked..

Is that only +r or -r DVD will work??

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@darylbe - i did a quick search for dynex and the bad media fairy appeared to me in a vision -
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?selectmedia=2657&searchdvdplayer=4117 and
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?selectmedia=1470&searchdvdwriter=115

- 1 showed up as manufactured by 'CMC Mag', the other 'AN31' - RUN AWAY! and don't open them, give them back. You can get top quality media cheaply. I'll leave the recommendations of where to get them to other guys as i'm in the UK so can't help with that

Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@gguerrero - erm, we need a lot more to go on, than that, i left my telepathy hat at work :)

7. kenzlee

kenzlee Member

i always use taiyo yuden discs and they work GREAT! never had a problem you can find them a lot of places just google it though. BE CAREFUL there are a lot of fakes out there. got mine from supermediastore.com