1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best media ever!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by RedRum21, Feb 19, 2005.

1. RedRum21

RedRum21 Guest

i like the beall 4.7gb dvd+r media, which right now for the 4x you can get it for about $.30 PER dvd (this is on www.meritline.com). i have found that dvd-r are cheaper and seem to work with almost all dvd players. as where dvd+r tends to have less compatiblity with players. still i think that the over format and quality of dvd+r are still the best choice. beall is the chosen dvd company that government officals use over all.

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

lol! well if bureaucrats use them, they must be good!

3. eric545

eric545 Regular member

I am beginning to believe that the brand of media doesn't matter near as much as your burner brand and the speed at which you burn. I have used and continue to use no name 8x DVD-R white inkjet printable media with my Plextor PX-716SA Internal Serial ATA burner, and although it offers to write at 16x, I only burn at 4x and haven't created a coaster yet!

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Trust me. The quality of the dye matters BIG TIME.

5. eric545

eric545 Regular member

Balaam

Although I don't post alot, I do read the forums quite a bit. From what I have read you can't always trust that a certain brand media you buy one time will be the same the next time that you purchase the same brand from the same outlet.

I have gone through the spectrum with DVD-R media from 1x to 8x and many different brands and have found that what you buy one time may not be the same when you buy it again.

As I said in my earlier post, I am now of the belief that the burner and speed at which you burn makes more of a difference than the brand of media that you use.

6. eric545

eric545 Regular member

Balaam

I forgot to mention the different DVD burners that I have had and currently have.

I started with a 4x Cendyne which Windows XP reported to be a Pioneer 105 burner. My next burner was/is a Pioneer A07 8x burner. I still have that burner in my system along with a Pioneer 108 DL 16x burner and a Plextor PX-716SA Serial ATA (SATA) 16X DL burner. Although the first three burners did a fairly good job, I have found that the Plextor PX-716SA is the best of breed.

7. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Well, of course it's true that most brands sell the disks of many different manufacturers under their brand name. But I'm not sure how that knowledge would lead you to the conclusion that the manufacturer of the disk plays no role in determining whether you will be able to burn their disks successfully. The truth is the quality of the different maufacturers varies widely.

It's simply commonsense verified by countless experience. Crappy dye and manufacturing quality will produce crappy discs(memorex), while quality dye and sound manufacturing techniques will produce high quality discs(Taiyo Yuden).

8. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Well me personally I use Memorex & I havent had a problem...the problem I thought i had wasn't the media it was actually the program i was using (yikes).I may switch to Maxell someday but I usually just use Memorex or Fuji with no problems at all.

9. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

RITKEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT>>>>>>>4000 burned And 3 Coasters!

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

eric the cheap media your buying might play back fine right now but IN A YEAR OR LESS they may not play ,the dye on the good quality blank media does matter . so basically your rolling the dice buying cheap media in the long haul.but your right about the burner i have a plextor also and it work flawless.and movie dump the memorex . buy the good stuff guys TY.Ritek,TDK.Maxell,Verbatim

11. DVDIT

DVDIT Member

I have used Ritek G04's and they burn fine but a lot of them have read errors if you burn them at higher speed than 4x. I swithed to maxell and since then no errors. In case you are wondering my burner is NEC 2500A.