1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Media For Backing Up PS2 Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bezerk, Mar 19, 2005.

1. bezerk

bezerk Member

I am looking into burning many ps2 games using dvd decrypter onto my my modded ps2. I dont have enough free space on my computer to just leave all my saved ps2 games on there so I have to start putting them on DVD's, (plus I want to play them). I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best media out there for backing up ps2 games? I am willing to pay a lot for good quality. I would rather have something good that will last along time rather than a cheap no good piece of media that skips games. I need something that will load my games up with no problem and won't skip. Oh, and DVD-R or DVD+R?
    I heard these were good-Ritek Ridata
    ---Ritek G04/G05
    ---Clone disc (made by Ritek)
    ---Traxdata (made by Ritek)
    ---Arita (made by Ritek w/ G05 code)
    ---Ricoh
    ---Taiyo Yudon (many fakes made, make sure yyou are getting the real thing!)
    ---Verbatim
    ---Maxell
    ---Sony
    ---Fuji

2. synapse

synapse Member

Hey, I use Taiyo Yudens dvd-r's. I would use dvd-r's if i were use, and use good media such as yudens. DO not use the G05's since there is too many bad experiences, and don't use any of the clone disks. Fuji's are good, especially if u buy from bestbuy because they are usually yudens. If i were you, buy media from trustworthy people such as www.blankmedia.ca if in canada, or www.newegg.com if u're in the US. Both have owrked well and have many good reviews. Verbatim's are awesome, so i think it is between those and the taiyo's; however, i have yet to have a coaster with yuden's. Do not buy bulk 100 packs though, very unreliable if burnt over 4x. I burn all my ps2 at 8x and ahve never had a problem. I backed up 117 games, ranging from sports games, to Metal Gear Solid, to GTA's. Hope this helps.

3. abx

abx Guest

I think Taiyo Yudon are the best. Rima.com sells the real thing.

4. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

ritek G05 dvd-r

write at minimum speed the recorder supports and you should get perfect backups. havent had 1 bad burn yet :)

5. Doulley

Doulley Guest

benq disks are good ive been using ever since i got my ps2 modded works great

6. legojedi

legojedi Member

ritek go5 is pretty good, however i have read elsewhere in the forum that go4 is better ... discuss

7. oni123

oni123 Regular member

sont and rytek is good

8. philipman

philipman Regular member

I know people hate them but memorex are the best for me, never had a problem with them.

9. Cytrik

Cytrik Member

I use Verbatim DVD+R on everything.

10. boldiablo

boldiablo Member

I burned 90 games in the past 2 months and I use DVD -R and DVD +R Pro Disc.

11. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

are traxdata -r will do any good?... they have the manufacturer code ritek GO5....i am planning to buy this..