1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best media for backups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lvilela10, Oct 25, 2011.

1. lvilela10

lvilela10 Member

just go gears of war 3 and wondering which media is best to burn it on... also where can i buy it cheap online

2. BillB

BillB Regular member

Verbatim +DL is the only way to go. www.newegg.com has them about as cheap as they come. They're $49.99 + $4.99 shipping to US for a 50 pack spindle at the time of this post.

edit:

I just found the 8x verbatim 50 packs on newegg for only $5 more. The max recommended speed is 4x, but it's much faster than 2.4x ($49.99 priced ones).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  3. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

I would agree that Verbatim is the way to go, especially for XGD3 backups using the new Burner Max method, although even Verbs aren't working for some people. Having looked at KProbe scans of various other cheaper brands, a lot of them give terrible burn quality and I'm surprised they work at all.

4. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

1 & 2 would be Verbatim and Taiyo-Yuden with Verbatim getting the top spot because of availibility. Everything else is tied for 3rd place, a very distant 3rd place.

5. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Taiyo Yuden discs are great quality, but they only make DVD-R DL discs, not +R. If you see +R ones, they'll be fakes (TY are one of the most faked discs out there).

6. bludd

bludd Regular member

Amazon has good prices on verbs too, prices have gone slightly up the past few weeks but it's still a better deal for me than newegg with their shipping and taxes.