1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best media for LG GSA 4163B ?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Banzai, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Banzai

Banzai Member

Hi to all, i have recently bought a lg burner GSA 4163B and i have updated the firmware to the newest one a103 i think and i would like to know what would be the best media, i have tried ritek GO5s with no luclk, i am considering taiyo yudens but ive heard there are thermal / printable tops i dont really understand tat.
    PLease advice me on a suitable media (in terms of taiyo yudens cos im pretty much keen on getting those for my ps2 backups)

thanx

2. Banzai

Banzai Member

Can anyone help??

regards,

The Gaut

3. Banzai

Banzai Member

4. canania

canania Guest

i also have a GSA-4163B, and am having problems backing up games, primaraly because i can't burn below 4x...is that the problem you got?

5. TEARLEZZ

TEARLEZZ Member

Guys i own the same burner i have been using ritek Go 4 and Verbatim dv+r with succec flawless.However i'm using Alcohol 120% to back up my games i have been able to burn below 4x i have it set at 2x.

6. canania

canania Guest

do you have the specs of those dvd's? are they -R? whats your firmware version?

7. TEARLEZZ

TEARLEZZ Member

The media that i'm using with my LG Dvd burner are Ritek Dvd-r GO4 and Verbatim Dvd+r both worked flawless with my LG Dvd burner no problems to this day.

8. canania

canania Guest

finally got my backups to work...all about the right media...