1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best media for Lite-on 832S

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by hurley19, Dec 7, 2004.

1. hurley19

hurley19 Member

What is the best dvd media to burn on for the lite-on 832s upgraded from a 812. I have had bad luck with all my burns so far. Every speed I burn them at they skip on a standalone dvd player. I have tried many different methods and the same problem. Any advice with someone with the same burner or had the same problem would be appreciated.

2. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

YO hurley19

What s/w and media brand are you burn with ?????
    Do did not list your media brand, I guess you use the one on sale at computer store. If it is the case then just used a better media.

Do these things:
    - The s/w to burn must be: Decripter, Nero.
    - Use media that have code: TY..., MCC..., RITEK..., PRODISC... and burn at speed 4X or lower.
    - If still have problem then play the disc you just burn on different standalone DVD player . If it play OK then your DVD player need to replaced. If it still has same symtom then return your burner and get another one.

Good luck.

3. hurley19

hurley19 Member

Ok, as of right now i have tried decrypter-dvd2one-copy2dvd;decrypter-dvd2one-nero;dvdshrink-dvddecrypter. tried all three methods with maxell, supposed to be compatible with my liteon, and princo. these are all i have had available to me, i have some ritek g04's on order, still waiting for them. what mode should i be using decrypter in? i have also upgraded my liteon 812 to 832, dont know if that makes any difference? thanks for the help.

4. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

try:
    - Ritek G04 media
    - use s/w dvdshrink-dvddecrypter
    - if you still have same symtom, then return your burner to get a new one.

dont need to upgrade firmware.

5. kchev

kchev Regular member

get some +R media
    LiteOn burners seem to not like -R media
    if compatibility is a problem with +R media, then you can change the disc to a DVD-Rom disc with bitsetting and it will play in almost anything
    try these discs they are excellent especially in Liteons

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-344&depa=0

i have about 400 hundred of these and they burn as good as Taiyo Yudens i have

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  6. hurley19

hurley19 Member

ok so if i don't need to upgrade f/w then which one should i have or does it even matter?

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

hurley,
    I agree with kchev. Lite-ons prefer dvd+r media, something to do with laser wobble (not to say they won't burn good quality dvd-r's). The best budget media I've found that performs well with my Litey is branded Ritek Ridata dvd+r's (media code Ricohjpn R01). Try these or some TY's before you return your dvdrw. Try slower burn speed too. I burn all my backups at 8x on the Ricoh's but every situation is different. I don't recommend the G04's with Lite-on's since they are dvd-r's and their consistancy seems to be varying a little from batch lately and the only way I can get a satisfactory burn on G04's is to burn them at 2x and then it's no guarantee.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004