1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Media for version 1.0 xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by PimpDawg, Feb 20, 2005.

1. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I just started backing up my games for xbox, but have already had a few problems. I am using Memorex 4x -r's and they are not working well on my version 1.0 xbox with the Thompson drive. It takes minutes to load up the disc and it always ends up freezing right away anyways. I have tried burning two games, Max Payne 2 and NHL 2k5 and have gotten the same crappy results with both.

What media should I use for my xbox games? Preferably something I can buy at Walmart, like Maxell or Verbatim maybe? Any suggestions??

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I too have a v1.0 Thompson, and it likes +R instead of -R :)

3. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Try Ritek G04 or 05's -Rs. G04s can be bought real cheap on ebay.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Really, +r discs?? I tried using Maxell +r's and they did not work? I know Maxell is decent quality to, atleast better than Memorex.

Quadratic, what media works for you since you have the same drive and box as me??

I will try Ritek, but I just bought 5 packs of Sony and TDK -r's and am going to test those first

5. monte530

monte530 Guest

You might consider trying a different xiso file maker...
    I had a lot of problems getting certain disc's to work in my system... when I used either Qwix, Xiso, etc..

but when I changed to using "CloneXB" as my main software in making back up copies of my xbox games my copies have been perfect..

I have used all kind of different disc's.. minus and plus and they all work.

I have used Fuji +. Sony -, Memmorex +, CompUSA -,
    all the games work perfectly...

Just my two cents..

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Alright, so if I change my ISO making program it might help?? My games do work at first, but they are laggy and then I get a dirty disc error about 10 minutes in.

Where would one go and get thie clonexb program?

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

da, my bad, I forgot all about IRC, don't worry about giving me directions on where to find clonexb monte530.

Still need help with what media to use on a ver. 1.0 xbox with the thompson drive however.

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

clonexb does not work, neither does qwix or craxtion. What the heck is going on here?