1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Media Players?

Discussion in 'Media players' started by batigol100, Mar 31, 2016.

1. batigol100

batigol100 Newbie

Hi guys, im looking for a full HD 1080p media player that i can connect to my tv via HDMI that will play all/most video files up to maybe 20 gigs in size. Preferably one that will play files from a 2TB hard drive. I have read a lot of reviews about different media players that meet these specifications but they seem to have a very short lifespan and only last a few months before they stop working. Can you please offer any recommendations on any products that would be suitable for me?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

klite full & vlc

3. batigol100

batigol100 Newbie

Thanks for your reply. I actually meant a physical media player that i can hook up a 2TB portable hard drive to and then connect to my tv via HDMI. I had a Buyee HD 1080p Media Player which worked great for 4 months and then died the other day.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Your pc or laptop should be up to the task,you'll get used to having the pc in the lounge next to the tv..lol..

5. batigol100

batigol100 Newbie

In a startling development it looks like the media player still works with a small flash drive connected to it as opposed to the 2TB hard drive.
    I live to fight another day...

6. attar

attar Senior member

I've had a 1TB drive hooked up to a WDTV player for two years: have you tested the drive on a PC?

7. batigol100

batigol100 Newbie

I might look into getting one of the WDTV players so. Do they play all movie files? (I thought I remembered seeing a review saying they only played a few types of movie files)

The actual hard drive itself seems perfect. It's a 2TB portable toshiba drive. Maybe it's just too much for the media player coz it's getting quite full now. Tested the same 7gig movie file on the 32gig flash drive through the media player and it was perfect.

8. attar

attar Senior member

9. batigol100

batigol100 Newbie

Cool thanks a million for your help. I'll check out that link

10. Aksharpatel

Aksharpatel Newbie

I love the below media players to hear music like- KM Player, QQ Player, VLC Player, Windows Media Player.