1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Method to Burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by joe_99c, Jan 21, 2005.

1. joe_99c

joe_99c Member

i have been burning dvds for quite some time, i have about 200 dvds. the setup i use is pretty simple, dvdxcopy platinum. if i want to make two copies, i copy the temp folder to a different drive and then continue burning. The whole process varies, if its a larger movie in the 7.50GB and up range it takes about 30 mins to read, and it takes about 15 mins to burn. so it is usually a 35-45 min process. I use FujiFilm 4x dvd+r's. i never had coasters until recently. the movie will play for about 1hr:25 or so and then start skipping or freezing. i just read about the new anydvd software, so i am goin to try running that to see if thats the problem. some of the movies that wont copy, even if i do simple mode and just the movie are: (die hard 3, gladiator, jason goes to hell) but i read other people using shrink and decrypter. how long do those take for other ppl, im just curious. or does anyone think there are better solutions to what i am currently doing. any input would be appreciated thanks!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2005
  3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Since DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink are both free, why don't you just try them and see.

4. joe_99c

joe_99c Member

gringle, that was a pretty worthless and illiterate reply. if you dont have any worth while input, shut your mouth.

5. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

Gringle you are supposed to be a junior member what kind of reply was that, I hope if a mode sees it he bans you for doing it. Joe99 try DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink they both are good

6. joe_99c

joe_99c Member

thank you kenneth.

how long does the decrpyter/shrink process take you? i have started to play with dvd shrink to re-author dvd's so i can just get the movie, and i noticed that alone takes about an hour.

7. hardcandy

hardcandy Guest

I still have my copy of dvdxcopy platinum as well but it dies not seem to work as consistently as it did last spring. Maby the copy protection has changed enough or WinXP has updated enough to throw it off?
    Decrypter and shrink will take about the same time since xcopy was probably using older versions of those two programs anyway (and selling it like hotcakes for a while-wish I had thought of it)

8. joe_99c

joe_99c Member

yea, its a shame!! it was running so beautifully!! you stink in the dvd, walk away, come back 20 mins later put in a blank one and then 15 mins later your done! how easy is that. do you think running anydvd in the background will help? im wanna try that tonight when i get home.

9. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

joe99, I have done movies as fast as 20 minutes and as long as a hour, it all depends on your system and wheather you are doing whole disks or just the movie

10. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Shrink takes 30 to 45 minutes for me, but I am using the deep analysis and AEC. These take longer. Many don't use them. That is for just the main movie with 60% to 80% compression. If the movie does not need to be compressed you just use DVD Decrypter which is faster. Not to many new movies need no compression.

11. fifty

fifty Member

Dude. Get rid of DVDxcopy. I don't care what version it is. D/L dvdshrink (www.dvdshrink.org) and get Nero burning rom. It couldn't be simpler. Anything that Shrink can't directly rip, DVD decrypter can. Pick that up as well. I've backed up over 300 movies using those three programs.

12. NoName2

NoName2 Member

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  13. joe_99c

joe_99c Member

i guess ill have to start trying that. is there any options in dvdshrink or decrypter that make the ripping go faster or that you would recommend to be on or off? its gonna be hard to let go of dvdxcopy :(

14. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Get some RW disc and experiment. It depends on the quailty of the copy you what to make with Shrink. Deep analysis and AEC will take longer but the quality is better. You have to judge.

15. bydasword

bydasword Guest

well, in my short exp, i have notice that older movies tend to burn alot quicker using dvdxcopy plat and simple mode then the newer ones. just recently started using AnyDvd/CloneDvd2 dual when the new encryption came out, and that took about 40mins for new movies.