1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Mitsubishi HDTV projector for less than 3 bills?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by zoom314, Mar 1, 2005.

1. zoom314

zoom314 Member

Best Mitsubishi HDTV projector for less than $3,000?
    I'm looking at a 60"-65" or so, It's a small rented house.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Uhm, 3 bills means $300. 3k, 3geez or 3 grand mean $3000. For 3 bills, talk to a crackhead. They'll bring you anything for 3 bills.

Why mitsubishi? They're slipping.

3. zoom314

zoom314 Member

Sorry I forgot to edit the Heading before saving It. Well They look good and will fit in to My space cramped front room(8.5'x10.5'). It also will allow Me to dispense with an old cabinent that can only hold a 100lb. TV at most and put the VCR, PS2, Audio/Video Switcher & Dish Network TV Box on top of It. The TV and Shelves are where the room is 8.5' wide. I have two 24.5" Book Shelves on either end of My present TV (27") and one may have to go else where(Like in a spare bedroom, Both are 11" deep).

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Don't limit your options to one brand. If you really are set in buying a projection television, look into LCD and DLP. If I were you, I would physically go to stores and look for myself. Take into account that a lot of setups are in dark rooms. This is used to mask the fact that some projection TVs look shitty in bright rooms. Also, make sure that they look good whether your sitting to the side, below or above eye level. Another thing to consider are the cables to use for your a/v components in order to take advantage of progressive scan and HDTV. Consider even getting a seperate dvd player rather than using the PS2(good for games not for movies). Some DVD players can up convert the signal to 720p or even 1080i(you may need a DVI cable or something comparable).

You're going to get a lot of people giving their opinions on what you should buy. The thing is when it comes down to it, check for yourself. Take your time and make sure that you not only get somthing you like, but the best price for what you pick. Good luck.

5. thor999

thor999 Regular member

no, I think you picked the right brand, mine gets some sun and the screen goes to hell, true, but it had to be direct sunlight, which is EXACTLY why god made curtains. I have a mitsubishi medallion ws521 55" rear project, bought it year and a half ago, image is always sharp, epsecially with hd broadcast. Your room size concerns me; depending on how far your viewing (sitting) area is from the tv, and from what angle, plus consider when you move this big sweaty bitch yer gonna hate it... I would go smaller if I were you the 48" is very nice, plus just the right size where most recently filmed dvd's won't pixellate as they do on a larger screen.