1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Mod-Chip for a v4 PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by smoss83, Aug 8, 2004.

1. smoss83

smoss83 Guest

I have done countless searching on this board, and all over the web, and still can't come up with an answer as to which chip I should get. Right now, I am hanging in between the Matrix Infinity and DMS3, and leaning towards the Matrix Infinity. Is that the one I should get or is there another one out there that will work better?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

just to let you know, the v4 has a weak laser and will probably go out on you sooner or later (mine did).

3. Serath

Serath Member

I've never tried the DMS3, but the Matrix Infinity chip really amazed me. It boots everything I've got, it's not very picky and so far works flawlessly. Of course the Infinity chip is the ONLY modchip I've ever used so I can't tell ya much from that. OH and I have a V7 console.

4. KainX2

KainX2 Guest

i had a v'4 after a few months i got a disk read error with ervery single disk it was 5 months i think

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you would be better off selling it on ebay, and getting a brand new ps2 to mod.

6. smoss83

smoss83 Guest

Well, if the laser gives in, can't I just replace it? I really don't have enough money right now to afford a new PS2 along with a mod chip.