1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Mod chip for new PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by inkkits2k, Jul 8, 2003.

1. inkkits2k

inkkits2k Member

I just got a new PS2.

What is the best mod chip that is also easy to install (I prefer a non soldering one).
    What do I need to get?

Thanks

JJ

2. psx245

psx245 Regular member

try fliptop,no solder mod,or slide card. they all are easy to install. and i heard that zoneloader is making a boot disc that doesn't need installation and plays all backups. try searching next time.

3. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

Magic 3.6 it direct boots everything like a normal game and it is only 6 wires to solder... the rest just snaps on to the board with clips and stuff!

DO NOT buy a friggin fliptop or any lame a$$ non soldering modchip!!!! trust me!! after swapping disks and loading this holding in that, while holding this button down while booting that, really gets annoying after a while trust me!! and dont buy a neo or anything! basicly nothing that requires swapping! the best chips are magic3.1 and upp, DMS3 v2, Messiah2 Pro, and apple. but the best one that is easy to intall is Magic 3.6!! but if you have a V7 PS2 i do not reccomend magic since it is a bit incompatilbe with it. Go for the messiah2 pro or somehting

Peace

4. bddarkman

bddarkman Regular member

A LOT of people have trouble with the magic 3.6 clip it wont lock on right sometimes.

If you dont want to solder it your self then send it to someone like modchipman.com for 60.00 he will install it for you.

or the easyest to install is the swipcard they have now .boot with swapmagic then use a swipcard to open drive door then put your game backup in.
    but the swipe card dont work on all games.

flip top is next but still wont boot all games. about 85% work ok.

only thing that works 100% with the new v7 ps2 are messiah2pro and dms.

messiah2pro is easyer to install then dms but still not easy.

5. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

Yes your better of with a magic3.1 than a 3.6 since they are exactly the same but on 3.1 you have to solder all the ponints instead of clipping them on. as long as you have a v6 and under your good with a magic 3.1... if you have v7 or above go for messiah 2 pro since magic doesnt work well with it... the reason you should have magic instead of messiah if you can is because its more than half the price!!

6. _useless_

_useless_ Guest

tru that plus you will be much happier with modchip.ca or any other site than with you will be with modchip.com

7. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

modchip.com sux.. their prices are WAAAAAY to high!!! havent checked modchip.ca out though... i have a store near where i live that sells magic3.1 (china magic originals) for only 20$ so i dont have to pay any shipping either

8. bddarkman

bddarkman Regular member

modchip.ca are way to high price.
    modchipman has 3.1 for 15.00
    messiah is on order most places.preorder 45.00

9. _useless_

_useless_ Guest

yeah modchip.ca is overpriced too but good for canadians becasue they save allot in shipping and mainly customs (what a killer)

10. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

man modchipman was cheap... cheapest mod chips ive found so far...

11. _useless_

_useless_ Guest

ya too bad that [bold] your not a ICE PIMP [/bold]

12. hulagirlT

hulagirlT Member

hi all,

lots of great info here... thanks!!

i've been doing alot of research and price comparison, and i've found that the price difference between getting a dms 3 v2.0 and a messiah 2 pro installed on my ps2 is only about $10.

so, my question is... after having time to test out the systems more.. and since the price gap is not bad at all... which chip would you all recommend now?? i know that before alot of people were saying to get the messiah since they were practically the same and the dms was way too expensive, but what about now??

please let me know... thanks!!!

13. djillini

djillini Regular member

My ps2 system(v7) is modded with the dms chip & im very happy with it so far...whatever chip you decide to go with you should send your ps2 to a professional for the soldering...unless of course you feel like you are up to the task, which can be pretty tricky most of the time.

14. c7015

c7015 Regular member

if its only $10 more go with the dms for sure but also I shoudl warn you that the dms is the hardest chip to install because of wire routing etc

15. hulagirlT

hulagirlT Member

yeah... i wouldn't think about doing something that tricky myself! the prices i found (the $10 difference) is for packages including the chip, install, and return shipping.

16. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

if it was only 10$ i would go for DMS... thats if you want a region free DVD and be able yo play mp3s on your playstation.. but that is worth 10$ IMO

17. hulagirlT

hulagirlT Member

awesome... that's what i figured, just wanted to make sure it would really be worth it!

after doing some research i found four sites that do the install for the dms: IGW, Perfect Mods, Modchipguy, and FastModz. Perfect Mods was actually the most expensive of these three, but was the only one to offer LIFETIME WARRANTY. IMO, since i have no idea how to solder and don't want to even touch the inside of my ps2, i would think that this would be worth it.

does anyone have any experience/opinions about these companies? or does anyone know any others i should check out??

thanks a bunch!!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2003
  18. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

yeah try out www.modchipman.com I have the flip top cover and want to use cheats with it but nothing is out so I might go with the DMS3 chip I checked out zonelander and might not play 9gig backups

Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
  19. hulagirlT

hulagirlT Member

...modchipman doesn't do installs... do they??

i need someone who sells the dms and installs it... don't wanna get them from 2 different places or i'd have to pay shipping x2.

20. c7015

c7015 Regular member

International gaming world does installs and sells

and xteammods as well

http://www.internationalgamingworld.com/
    www.xteammods.com

never had them install a chip for me but I do know that they have good customer service and are selling what you are looking for