1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Mod Chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dirt23, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Dirt23

Dirt23 Guest

whats your opinion on what the best mod chip?

2. modsRus

modsRus Member

I like the messiah and DMS3 but there is a new one out that I am going to start installing called the matrix infinity. This chip is upgradable via downloads, like the DMS3 but unlike the DMS3, any other chip out today, it autodetects the boot mode; meaning no more hold down this button for this or that mode. It detect the mode required to run the disc.

3. Dirt23

Dirt23 Guest

I've always liked the DMS3 too but i think it messed my my mobo. So i think im just going to end up getting a new ps2 and sell the old one. I haven't heard of the infinity. I'll have to look around and check it out...whats an install on it going to cost?

4. faizal5k

faizal5k Member

The DMS3 is THE best modchip ever. If you want a modchip, the DMS3 is the one for you. The new V1.8 upgrade does not require you to hold down on a button of the boot mode you want. It now Auto-detects. It's the best, so get it. :)

5. modsRus

modsRus Member

I have been doing DMS3 for awhile. I like it, but it's one of the most sensitive installation. U gotta cross your Ts and dot your Is.

The DMS3 got their macrovision removed and infinity has macrovision removal. The infinty has quick boot, so you can load without that "playstation 2" logo and a few other extras.

6. Dirt23

Dirt23 Guest

Guess it depends on if you want all the bells and whistles or not on your ps2. I just like the option of upgrading so i dont have to keep getting a new chip in. but from what i've seen so far the matrix infinity is a little bit cheaper then then DMS3. Myabe i'll get a pre-mod ps2 with it in and see what one i like more.

7. elven_07

elven_07 Member

I ordered my v9 modchip from www.Modchip.ca
    and they seem to be the most legit place on the net with fast shipping. ( Also it is modchip.com for US).
    Anyway I'm using Magic V and they say it's the best chip they've seen. But do your research before you buy. DMS seems to be pretty popular but more expensive whether that means better I couldn't say, I here the Messiah ones aren't that great.

8. cltcam

cltcam Member

What is exactly the differences between the DMS and the matrix infinity? Is it true that DMS v1.8 upgrade has auto-boot? Also what is macrovison and is it on the DMS or matrix infinity?

9. modsRus

modsRus Member

DMS used to have it but they removed it in their upgrades. Matrix has the macrovision removed. DMS3 is a good but with the matrix out, the DMS3 team better keep on top of their product with necessary upgrades if they are going to keep their spot as top chip.

10. faizal5k

faizal5k Member

DMS3 is still better

11. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

You guys are hilarious!

The Matrix and the DMS3 aren't even in the same class - in fact, the DMS3 is in a class of its own.

There is no other chip that is flash upgradable, so if you are a hardcore gamer that justs wants to game without ever having to screw around with the console again - spend the money and be done with it.

If you aren't scared of tearing your console apart once and a while to upgrade your chip, and feel confident in doing so - save a few bucks and get a magic, matrix, messiah etc.

Cheers!

12. account

account Guest

brad is right guys the dms3 is in a class of its own and there is no chip that can even come close to all the things it can do so if you have the money get the dms3 if not get get one of the other chips

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

13. faizal5k

faizal5k Member

Haaa. Thank you my friends for simply explaing to them that DMS3 is the best.

14. faizal5k

faizal5k Member

I thought modsRus said the Matrix Infinity could be upgraded. See I told you the DMS3 is the best. Man I sound like a little kid.

15. modsRus

modsRus Member

16. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I prefer the Magiv V over the DMS3 myself. The DMS has too many features plus it's not that often you need to upgrade a mod anyway as long as it works the first time you install it.

17. Dirt23

Dirt23 Guest

I've had to many problems with my DMS chip and ps2 since its been installed. Both the DMS and the infinity have alot of features that the normal gammer would never use but the infinity is also almost $20 cheaper then the DMS that i've seen so far. Guess im going to have to try it out and see which chip i like better.

18. cltcam

cltcam Member

Will DMS ever get the ability to remove Macrovision back?

19. Dirt23

Dirt23 Guest

I dont think so b/c they said for legal reasons they had to take it out. I think somewhere down the road the matrix infinity wont have it either for the same reason unless they work something out.

20. faizal5k

faizal5k Member

I know this will sound stupid but, What the hell is macrovision?