1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best modchip for ease of use?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by snoland, Jan 28, 2005.

1. snoland

snoland Regular member

Hello, I am trying to decide which modchip to go with. I have young kids who are hard on the discs. They try to be careful, but anyone with kids knows what I mean. Anyway, I am tired of buying games a second time because the original one got damaged. To do be able to make backup copies, as you all know I need a modchip. I want one that will let the console act as if it is not modified at all. I want it to be able to play games and movies equally as well. I don't want to have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get them to boot. My kids need to be able to operate the thing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. SOAPboy

SOAPboy Member

this will sound stupid, but you know EB Games does Game warentys now.. 1 dollar for 1 year for 9.99 games and below, 2 dollars for 10.00 - 24.99 games and 3 dollars for and game 25 and up..

and its 100% unconditional.. ive taken back games that were litterally broken into 10+ peices..

3. snoland

snoland Regular member

I did not know that EB Games was offering a warranty. I normally buy the games from Game Crazy, Walmart, Target etc. I don't normally go to EB. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind on future game purchases.

4. jbelder

jbelder Member

Matrix Infinity!

5. tristanm

tristanm Member

I was thinking about buying a new chip, a dms 4 pro. Does anyone have any experience of these chips, are they as good as they claim?

6. alseides

alseides Guest

DMS4 EZI? It supposedly takes 20 minutes to install. Best of all, its solderless. Has EVERY feature of the DMS4 too. I was skeptical, but people are posting reviews with great success. Check out the DMS forums. http://DMS4.com. It costs 67 bucks from divineo, but I am not buying it yet because version4 PS2s need a special adapter which has not been released yet. darn.

7. Doulley

Doulley Guest

I have a magic V 56k and it works perfectly try this out only u have to try the modes (PS2,PS1,DVD) easy to use though.

8. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

Matrix Infinity ;-) for v1-v10

DMS4 or Ripper3 ;) for v12

9. snoland

snoland Regular member

What about the new Crystal-Chip? It sounds pretty good. Anyone with experience?

Thanks........