1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best modchip for me

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by zooom1834, Feb 16, 2007.

1. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

I want a good modchip for my v14 ps2 and Ive installed an matrix infinity in my v7 and its great. But I want a modchip with the least amount of wires cheapest and easy to install.

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

well for the least amount of wires the new DMS ezi chip would be best as it has non but they arnt supposed to be very reliable.

The crystal is probly best. I think it has the same amount of wires as the MI though

3. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Yeah unfortunately DMS's EZI solution is notorious for chewing up PS2's and spitting out bricks.

I think the CC's have one more wire to solder over the MI but not like that is a big deal .... one wire.

4. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

how bout the solderless one by dms4

5. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

DMS=DMS3=DMS4=Sjeep=EZI=Divineo=Supremefactory=ToxicOS

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Crystal Chip V2.0 & Matrix Infinity green dot are the two which still have active firmware updates. The DMS4 Pro is also a good chip.
    I would also not suggest the solderless chips. Many people really mess up their PS2 when installing them, plus there is always the chance that they will shake loose.