1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best mp4 converters?

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by Demon1777, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Demon1777

Demon1777 Regular member

can someone tell me or point me in the right direction for a real good mp4 Converter that when combining files knock the audio and video out of sync?....i have tried leawo's mp4 converter and the more files i combined the more out of sync the audio and video would become

2. hello_hello

hello_hello Member

Much of the time the reason for audio sync problems when combining files is due to the fact the video and audio streams in each file aren't exactly the same length. A lot of conversion software will convert all the video as if it's one continuous file and the same for the audio. Then when they're added together without compensating for the gaps, the sync problems start. One way around it might be to convert them to MP4 individually, then combine the MP4s as a single file. They'd probably all need to be encoded using the same settings.
    MyMP4Box should be able to join MP4 files without messing with the audio sync although I rarely use it. MKVMergeGUI will definitely do it but the output will be MKV.

Failing that...
    AnyVideoConverter. There's a free version. Personally I don't use it to combine files much, but it's my fall-back-to program when I have audio sync problems I just can't fix using my usual encoding software. If the sync problem is caused simply due to the audio and video being slightly different lengths in each file, AVC's standard settings should work fine, otherwise....

Change the audio sync setting from basic to default when setting up the conversion. Somewhere in AVC's options there's an audio sync setting. Change it to whatever the maximum is. If you then have audio sync problems I'll be astounded.

PS To combine files add them to AVC individually, highlight them all, right click and select "merge output".

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  3. Demon1777

Demon1777 Regular member

i have Xilisoft video joiner 2 and thats what i'm trying now....to convert each vob file as a mp4 file and then combining them together as one big mp4 file with the same program and same format in xilisoft video joiner 2....i'll post back later with the results...thanks for the help dude

4. Demon1777

Demon1777 Regular member

ok i tried this and the video file is still out of sync starting with the 2nd file that was combined

5. hello_hello

hello_hello Member

Are you saying you tried it using AnyVideoConverter and still have audio sync problems?

Where did the vob files come from? Are they all from the same DVD (multiple vob files which combine to make a movie) or are the vob files from different DVDs?

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

the best huh ! pfffft

@ demon
    do a forum search attar has answered this issue numerous times,it should be reasonably easy to solve so long as audio etc is consistent in how sec's its out of sync,obviously check source file first

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

spammer spammed