1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Nero Alternatives and HP DC4000

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jazee, May 18, 2004.

1. jazee

jazee Member

I just got one of these HP DVD move Write DC4000's. Pretty nice piece of hardware. Nero 5.5 would not recognize it so I took the risky plunge into Nero 6 (6.3.1.10) It recognizes the drive at least but will only write DVD's (DVD+R in this case) at 2.4x when the drive is suppose to do 4x and 8x also. I'm guessing that the drive is too new and Nero is operating in some kind of lower compatibility mode. I'm wondering how quickly Ahead will make an update available as this is not some obscure drive?

The drive came with Sonic Record Now but get this, DVD burning requires you to purchase an upgrade! What a joke. What I am trying to do is burn DVD Movies from files created by DVD Shrink at faster than 2.4x.

Can anyone recommend an alternative burning program I can use? Although I may be back in the same boat of having too new of a drive. I just hate having this new pieces of hardware and not being able to use it to its full capability.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

This may be silly but what is the speed rating of the media you're trying to use? What brand/type are they?

I highly doubt that Nero is working in a lower compatibility mode. I'm guessing that Nero 6 recognized your drive since it was a new install of Nero which may have corrected an ASPI issue you had with Nero 5.5.

3. jazee

jazee Member

Yes, you are right. Since I posted I discovered it's the media.