1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best newsgroup

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by alyt, Oct 4, 2007.

1. alyt

alyt Member

i used to get my 360 games from rapidshare but now they put a dwnload limit on so i aint paying for tha crap no more. anyone reccomend me the best newsgroup to join which is relatively cheap aswell. i want to get up to 800kbs if i can so i want a decent one, thanks

2. itzjonny

itzjonny Regular member

3. hoddey

hoddey Regular member

i use thundernews i get 90 days for £10 a Month Unlimited with news rover free cant go wrong there .

4. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

how about free from verizon and news file grabber and the search engine of bin search

all free and just or if not almost just not as good as what you have to pay for.

5. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

Newsdemon is th ebest i have used so far. starts out unlimited for 17.95 US and then after you cancel they send you an email to start back for 14.95 unlimited. So 14.95 unlimited is not that bad.

6. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Giganews is no question the best, but they are the most expensive too. I think it's worth the extra cost. No one else has 200 day retention along with the highest completion rate out there. You can probably find a lot of other adequate options in the $14.99 a month range. Usenetserver was ok for me a while back when I had them.

7. hack01

hack01 Regular member

I wanted to ask about this. If you download a game from these web sites what does the game file have. Does it look like a folder or Rar(stack of books)? Also when you download a game from them what size do they usually come in, because I see that they all have a gig size for each month or unlimited. And does anyone know how fast they get the newest games. Not sure if its the same day they come out or a couple of days after. Plaes let me know. One more thing what program do you use to burn these files with. I have nero7, but if theres a different program I like to use that one.
    ***Sorry so many questions, but getting my XBOX 360 modded today and need to get on the ball so I have something to play***

8. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

IMG Burn works good to burn. games range in size from 5 to 7 gigs, somewhere around there. Can't help you with the newsgroups, not really my scene. Most will be in rar formate and need to be extracted using winrar or a comparable program. You can usually get games anywere from a week or so before it comes out to a week after it comes out. Usually the more popular the sooner you can get it.

9. hack01

hack01 Regular member

What do you use. I see that gignews had a free 10gig to start with so I was going to try that or just start w/a small package to try it out. I dont want to search isohunt or any other site, because they take to long sometimes. Do you know have tutorial on the burn process, maybe some screen shots would help out alot if possable, but anything will help since Im starting from scratch.

10. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

11. johncchc

johncchc Regular member

rapidshare rocks, what u talking baout. they dont have limit to their downloads.

12. hack01

hack01 Regular member

Do the games come patched already or do I have to do that too.

13. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

Almost all respectable release groups make sure their releases are patched, I haven't had any that aren't in quite a long while.

14. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

forumw.org

15. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

Best newsgroup by far is roadrunners, if you have there service which includes on any plan there newsgroups,unlimited downloads,crazy fast speeds,Im getting avg 1.3 dl speed.and I use grabbit for my nzb and of course free nzb site's.Pretty cool places to get what ever your looking for like, Rintones all the way up to Movies.

16. johncchc

johncchc Regular member

grabit is so complicated, those are like for advance user.

17. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

I think it's pretty easy to use,It downloads the file's for ya extracts it into its own folder then will delete all the rar's if it's correct.There was no special setting up to do.

18. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Yeah I think Grabit is pretty simple too, even if I'm an "advance" user when it comes to these kind of things. Open a nbz file and it does all the work for you.

19. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

ive been using grabit since i started with newsgroups and its simply the best, all you need to learn is quickpar and general basics when dealing with repairing files. it does all the work for you! ;D