1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best offline FW?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by KCKarver, Jun 19, 2011.

1. KCKarver

KCKarver Member

Hey I have a flashed liteon DG-16D2S 7series with dashboard 8995. I don't play online at all, but am not able to boot the new wave games. I haven't checked the drive fw but would like to change it so I can play the new games. I don't care about XBL so my question is: which f/w, even if it's unstealthed, would be best for playing all games with my setup?

2. 360lifer

360lifer Regular member

You will need the new firmware that just came out. Even if you don't play online, you need it to boot new games.

Gone are the days when you could use a stealth or non stealth firmware.

3. KCKarver

KCKarver Member

I see thanks for the quick response. Does this mean i'll also have to update to a newer dashboard? or simply flash the drive to the new fw? And will the games i currently have need patched to play?

4. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

yes, new games need the newest dashboard. newest dashboard needs new cfw (1.9lt). so if you update to newest dashboard, you need to update to lt1.9. newest dashboard reflashes back to the new ofw.

old backups might need new patching, but only if your old games do not boot.

5. KCKarver

KCKarver Member

awesome. thanks for your help!