1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best option for my slim PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 4ndy, Feb 11, 2008.

1. 4ndy

4ndy Member

I am in need of some sort of device which will let me do the following:

-Play backup games PS1/PS2 (NTSC/PAL/JP)
    -Load Dual Layer DVDs for games such as God of War
    -Cheat support (such as Action Replay)
    -Ability to load from an external USB Hard Drive
    -Use downloaded save files from the internet

I was thinking about getting a modchip, since soldering isn't an issue for me. I just don't know which one to get. But then I learned about Memor32, and I'm wondering if that would be more appropriate since I'm not sure about it's compatability. Can someone who knows about these things please help me decide what to do? Thanks.

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

Definately go for the chip. Memor32 is still in the early stages and I don't recommend it. As for which chip, seems like DMS4, Matrix Infinity, Crystal chip are most popular.

3. 4ndy

4ndy Member

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a modchip, but I'm not sure between the Infinity and the Crystal Chip. I know the MI has a better rep, but the Crystal Chip can play backups online. But I know if games are patched, the MI can still play them online. The problem is that the ps2nfo website with all the patches seems to be down, and the Crystal official website looks messed up. So I'd probably get the Matrix Infinity, but my last problem is instructions on how to patch the games for online play.

4. HG27

HG27 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008