1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best patcher for ps2 PAl to NTSC

Discussion in 'PS2' started by JoeDirt00, Aug 31, 2004.

1. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

whats the best patcher for full screen gameplay. is adr patcher any good

2. meta1

meta1 Regular member

I just use an RGB Scart cable and it runs NTSC on my PAL in full screen w/colour too.

3. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

what is it a cable, can i buy it at a local store like best buy circuit city compusa etc

4. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

what is it a cable, can i buy it at a local store like best buy circuit city compusa etc

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the cable can be used aslong as your tv supports the cable... aka the 21pin scart cable...

if not then you out of luck... most of tvs today are multisystem.. play ntsc/pal... heck my old tvs do this old metz 14" tv old jvc 21" and sony 25" tv all of them support multisystem... most of tvs that came out from the year 2001 support this feature...

6. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

yea i bought my tv like 1998 but can u give me a couple of names of hardware cables i can use from my ps2 to my tv so i can play pal withought patchin. Is there something i have to look at in the back of my tv to see if its compatible

7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2004
  8. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

let me get this straight, if i buy the scart cable or adapter whatever it is , i can hook it up to my ps2 and then to my tv and it will play pal and ntsc games so i dont have to patch games anymore? will this work for any kind of tv's?

9. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the scart adapter comes free with your ps2... as for the supports.. well if YOUR tv HAS the input of the scart behind the tv then YES you can use it... if it dosent then you wont be able to use it...

10. meta1

meta1 Regular member

This is the scart lead I am using:

[​IMG]

It also cuts out the Green-Screen on some DVDs.

(this shouldn't be used on newer TVs as there is no point, on new TVs just use a gold scart connector to maximize the quality of picture.)