1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Peer to Peer Program(s)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by animalz, Jan 22, 2007.

1. animalz

animalz Guest

i reckon that the best peer to peer programs are kiwi alpha and limewire.but i want to here opinions of others so i can see if their right.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

It's odd that you want to know about 2 of the most insecure and unsafe methods of file sharing.

Limewire (aka virus central) and kiwi-alpha.
    I don't consider either of these to be safe.. Limewire after seeing lots of instances of files downloading and running automatically, usually virus or spyware. I know people who think limewire is a good source of files.. They are always the ones with keyloggers and trojans embedded in the OS with no hope of removal. It's a good source of win32 derivitive malware if you want an infected machine.. Most people have it set to connect at startup so it's always running spreading nasties around, and for kiwi alpha.. I looked it up..

There seems to be a common denominator here.. malware

3. animalz

animalz Guest

Well I have been using these programs for a long time and I have had a few viruses but i've removed them everytime I got them.As long as you have Antivirus or a spyware removal program your good.

4. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

bearshare i think is alright i've had it for about a year know and havt had 1 virus..

5. animalz

animalz Guest

ive had bearshare and its great but i have had a few viruses but ive got rid of em so bearshare is a really good program.

6. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

I think these p2p applications are outdated methods now, the best way to share files now has to be the BitTorrent Protocol, I say this because unlike Limewire and all those other apps, BitTorrent, when not running, and even when running does not have to connect to any network, ofcourse it needs to connect to other computers and the tracker etc. But they are all usually safe. And if you are not running any torrents, your not connecting to any network tracker or computer, you only connect when you need to download a torrent, unlike things like limewire, which is connected to the network as long as it is running.
    Torrents usually are safe, because you have to grab them off of websites, that usually have strict rules on uploading spyware and viruses as torrents, the few that are distrubuted are usually removed, once it has been sussed out.

EDIT: This was my opinion I never based it on any prior research, but I beleive some of the things on Limewire and BT are true, of course, please corect me if I am wrong, thanks

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007