1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place to buy a modchip?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by tantrum90, Feb 26, 2005.

1. tantrum90

tantrum90 Member

Hey im in canada can anyone tell me the best place where i can buy a modchip?

2. Cpt.Stoob

Cpt.Stoob Member

3. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

I wouldn't recommend them-I'm in the states and they sent me a kit with a missing part and I'm still waiting to hear back from them-My advice is to avoid them at all cost.

4. Cpt.Stoob

Cpt.Stoob Member

that sucks dude. Sorry to hear about that. I probably wont be buying anything else from there.

5. munch69

munch69 Member

Try http://www.modwhiz.com orders take a few days to process. But they give u the fedex tracking and everything.

6. Ozviewer

Ozviewer Member

7. killerc

killerc Guest

mod-chip.ca - thats where i bought my chip i got it in 2 days

8. andersg

andersg Regular member

I have a question, i am really new and i want to learn how to mod xbox's. But first i need to get my hands on one, I know this is goin to sounds REALLY stupid but is there any way to purchase modchips offline ? lol. could someone recoomend a reliable website that i could possible buy one on, The only problem is i a not old enough to buy on on a credit card becasue i dont have one lol. Is there any way to get my hands on one without a credit card ? One last question, could someone reccomned a good modchip that is not too expensive ?
    please anyone thats knows anything could they please help !

9. Cpt.Stoob

Cpt.Stoob Member

Well andersg. I dont know of any retail store that supplies modchips unless you live in some asian country. So i'm afraid the only place that I know of is on the internet. Just ask your parents to pay for it on the internet. I'm sure you can weasel your way into getting them to pay for it. And about a reliable website to purchase from, I would try www.divineo.com <------ thats where I got my modchip. Or you can try www.modchipstore.com(I hear they are a very reliable company) Well as far as recommendations go for a good modchip I would try Xenium, Xecuter, or DMS chips. But if funds are a little short and you dont want to solder then you can try the spiderchip 1.1. Spiderchips in the beginning had a bad reputation but now that the programmer came out for it there should not be too many problems. I have a spiderchip in my xbox since December and I have never had a problem with it so you can try it out.

10. newbie14

newbie14 Guest

i found a really good website called xbox-modchip.com.that is where i got mine from.also another one is easybuy2000.com

11. andersg

andersg Regular member

Thanks captian stoob, I sire hope your right about being able to get my parents to bauy it lol, but arent they illegal ? if you put it on your credit card wont you grt in some kind of trouble with the law if the word got out to them ?

12. andersg

andersg Regular member

woah alot of typo's lol

13. Cpt.Stoob

Cpt.Stoob Member

No dont worry. It is fine to purchase the modchip. There is nothing wrong with owning a modchip. The only thing that makes it illegal is when you flash the bios on the modchip because then you are altering the original default xbox bios.

14. andersg

andersg Regular member

Ok Thanks I Guess That Makes Sence
    But which mod chips are cheapest the solder ones or solderless ones ?

PS i guess i am gunna have to wait lol my parents wont buy me a modchip. i getting a X360 tho

15. bigsmatty

bigsmatty Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2005
  16. andersg

andersg Regular member

Well that pretty much clears it up for me then lol