1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place to download wii games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Pete872, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Pete872

Pete872 Member

Hi new to this so please bare with me, I'm after downloading wii games although I'm not sure of the best place to get them from. I've looked on the usuall torrent sites that I use but there doesnt seem to be many about.

Also I'm a little confused (it's not hard to confuse me) reading a post on the forum am I to believe you need a LG re-writer to burn the games to disc?

I was told I also need a program called wii-burn to burn games to disc is this true or can I just use nero?

Thanks,

Pete.

2. wiinovice

wiinovice Member

Forum rules say that we are not allowed to discuss the whereabouts of download sites but if you use google and "hunt" for "iso" in the reverse order you should find some

Also, you only need an LG disc drive to rip your original games to your computer. For any iso's you download you can just burn to suitable dvd'd using nero or imgburn which you can find a link to somewhere on this forum.

Hope this helps

3. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

The lg drive is a DVD-ROM only... it can only read, but not burn. Another solution to rip your own games, and take about 1/3 the time is to get a SD gecko adapter, and rip it via the wiikey software. Takes about 45 minutes that way, vs 2.5 hours it takes to do the lg method, plus, its a lot cheaper. The LG drives seem to only be found on ebay, for about 50$ or more... the SD gecko adapter, I purchased for 17$ shipped, but then also found a similar non-gecko product that would probably work on dealextreme.com for 5.99$ shipped.

4. Kblake

Kblake Member

Just curious, is there a tutorial around somewhere explaining how to rip games using the SD method? I have looked and normally don't ask questions on this site because the way people make you feel like idiots, but I can't find that one? If someone can direct me to a tutorial or even post a tut, that would be very helpful for me.

5. Vergil902

Vergil902 Member

6. bennasher

bennasher Regular member

hahaha wiinovice, im liking it alot!

7. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

such questions, I thought, were prohibited.

8. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

According to the rules links to sites containing downloadable material are permitted, but a direct link to the downloadable data is not permitted. I play it safe and don't even mess around with the gray areas. Google has become a powerful enough resource for those who are willing to do a few simple searches.

9. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

I just use Blackcats myself. :)

10. simoriah

simoriah Member

a quick search through usenet will show more iso's than you can shake a stick at. a.b.g.wii is very well-stocked. And a giganews account will help you max your downsstream for a while. :)