1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place top buy flip-top

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by fredsdead, Jan 3, 2005.

1. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

What up all,
    Have a version 7 PS2 (NTSC) that I'm going to mod with a fliptop cover, and use swap magic 3.3 - anyone recommend the best place to buy? I want to make sure that the fliptop is good quality and has memory card doors, and a white disc included? Any suggestions appreciated.

Yours faithfully, forever,
    FredsDead

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

even if they include the white disc, you want to use the one thats in your ps2, trust me.

3. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

ok, to be honest, I don't actually know what the white disc is, I just hear everyone talking about it - I assume it's the thing on the underside of the CD-lid(?) - If so, can I just take that off and use that on the flip-top that I buy? Also, you're always full of grea advice - you got any opinions on where I should buy from?
    Thanks

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yes, its on the underside of the fliptop, and its easy to take off your original ps2 top. Sorry, i don't have a good place for a v7 fliptop, the ones i have bought haven't quite fit right (and they don't include the memory card covers).

5. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

so if they don't include memory card covers, what does that mean for things like saving games? Does it really affect anything, or is it just cosmetic?

6. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

do you know much about www.ps2cover.com? - they seem like a good site

7. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

ok flag ps2cover.com - by the sounds of things they are shady as hell. Will buy from consolesource.com - but as I have a Japanese PS2, would I need to specify that I need a Japanese version swap magic set? Or do the flip-top/swap magic 3.3 sets on the site cover all regions?

8. Ammodude

Ammodude Member

thegiantstore.com