1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by murph99, Apr 13, 2013.

1. murph99

murph99 Member

I have been trying to research to find a new (old) blu-ray player. I am looking for a blu-ray player that streams mlb.tv (mlb ap) and does not contain the cinavia protection. I am fed up with my ps3.

Any suggestions? I would like to go with a higher quality brand if possible. Are there any mandatory firmware updates that will cause the streaming not to work?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

3. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

No such thing as "best". In reality, it depends on what you're going after/happy with it.

For me, I'm cool with my old Sammy BD-D5700. Simply because it plays everything I throw in there (i.e. Bluray, DVD, DVD+R, DVD-R, AVI, MKV, DivX/DivX HD, MP4/MPEG-4/H.264/x264/AVC, etc.) In addition, it flawlessly plays any .SRT subtitle with any files.

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

as long as its not connected to the internet it shouldnt update the firmware automatically.
    cinivia on ps3 is annoying me aswell waiting on an online m8 to get back to me on ways around it.