1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best proggie for backing up DVD???

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by bbmayo, Mar 19, 2007.

1. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@TeflonMyk....I love batching out DVDs with Rebuilder & CCE.......but with my hyperthreading Computer at 3.73Mhz, with 866 FSB and 2 GB of ram...... my computer flys..... it's only 2 yrs old but still holds it's own! 4 DVDs done in one night....... not bad. My next computer better go 300 light years faster than the one I have now! LOL and when I was a kid (back in the 50s)they used to tell me that after the turn of the century (2001) we'd have flying cars and trips to the moon would be common thing! LOL boy were they wrong!

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

IHoe- They Do have them !but just on TV &in the movies ! and on less backward planets of course !Scotty Beam Me Up !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@BIGTOXY69....... I'm sorry but I am the barer of bad news ...... Scotty died a while back ago.... got run over by those flying cars that you said were on another planet! No more beaming for Scotty!

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I think those of us who may have suggested the RipIt4Me proggie for backing up movies might want to reconsider seeing how it looks as if this great program is now gone :-(

5. Benri

Benri Guest

The combo I use the most is:
    1ClickCopyDVD + DVD Region + CSS Free (runs in the background)

Nostalgic favor:
    DVD Shrink + DVD Decrypter

If I encounter resistance then:
    RipIt4me and company
    OR
    DVDFab Decrypter and company

And the best tool ever.....the collective expertise of the Afterdawn Community which have guided, teached and saved me numerous times.
    Especial thanks goes to Alkohol.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@BBmayo...... why is RipIt4Me gone? I just used it for THE GOOD SHEPHERD... came out great.... I use RipIt4Me to rip the movie and it's incorporated FixVTS works great with DVDDecrypter. Then I use DVDRebuilder with CCE for great quality! works every time. Soooooo what's with the gloom and doom with RipIt4Me?

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@IHoe

It may be working great for these new movies today. But one new DRM added to the next generation of DVDs will disable ripit4me. If you go to the trouble to get rid of Ripit4me, then you'll make sure the program stops working with the new stuff; just like Decrypter and Shrink. Shame!

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

what happened to RipIt4Me?

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The ripit4me site's been down since 31 March. Most downloads of program have been removed from all sites. All hush hush.???

10. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

it's too bad that a great program like RipIt4Me has gone to the likes of DVDDecryter! they take away all the good ones! Now if they would have made RipIt4Me cost money, then maybe it wouldn't be blackballed!

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Use it while you can!

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

13. Burrens

Burrens Member

So when you use DVDFab Decrypter in conjunction with InterVideo’s DVD Copy 5, do you have to run FixVTS in between?

Should I run DVDFab decrypter, and decrypt files (not ISO)
    - Run FixVTS?
    - Run DVD Copy 5 and reauthor DVD?
    - Burn with DVD Copy 5?

Would appricate the proper steps.

TIA

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Your steps appear to be correct however you will probably do just fine without having to use FixVTS on 99% of the movies.

15. beatsuite

beatsuite Member

I religously use the following process:

Decrypt my DVD with DVD Decypter

Shrink the files with DVD Shrink

Burn with Nero

99% perfect results and a 99% quality backed up DVD.

The 1% is for when DVD Decrypter (cos it's old) cannot bypass a specific disc for which I use Magic DVD Ripper.

16. Jondrew

Jondrew Regular member

I use primarily Anydvd and Clonedvd2, i set it to output to iso. many peopel dont realize the advantages of doing this. i then burn with imgburn, from the authors of dvd decrypter, it is the best out there for burning dvds.

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@jondrew

Why don't you just let CloneDVD burn the file and it's a one click backup when you hit the go button. I don't see the advantage of burning with ImgBurn. Just adds needless steps to the backup. JM2C

18. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I do all my ripping with DVDFab Decrypter. There are other great programs for this, and there's nothing wrong with using AnyDVD or RipIt4Me as long as it works. For removing extra crap or splitting discs I use DVDReMake Pro. I really should learn PGCEdit since it's free and supposed to be very powerful, but I got addicted to DRM Pro on V2. Version 3 has made it my choice for the most valuable backup program I own. For compressing it's always DVD-RB Pro and for burning it's always CopyToDVD. For a short time I also used Prassi ONES for burning, but I gave it up because CopyToDVD is so reliable.

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  19. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

Ripit4Me still works for me, DVDFab also works well. I would be interested if any new movies are causing problems for R4Me yet!

Me and a friend are working on getting DVDFab working on Ubuntu Linux using Wine.

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  20. tlb666

tlb666 Guest

I have 1 and ONLY 1 way I back-up my dvd's.

simply.....using Ripit4me...I rip movie+menu ONLY all the time...just what I like on my dvds. Using Ripit4Me and one-click mode...it then opens dvd decrypter tp rip, after that it fixes any probs with FixVts. I THEN, open those files with TITLEWRITER (I'll get to WHY in a sec) titlewriter takes those files and opens Dvd shrink and I SHRINK if needed MOVIE ONLY. After Dvd Shrink is done I go back to Titlewriter and IMPORT the menu Again ALL with a 1-click operation. FINALLY, I burn ONLY with NERO...never had problems so (if it aint broke dont fix it motto) ;)

OK, the reason I use TITLEWRITER is because I want the movie with a full menu BUT NOT the warnings....and other crap imbedded in them.

I know that I could use VobBlanker but i've tried it and dont like it. Titlewriter for ME is soooooo much easier.

there you have it....happy back uping!!!