1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best program for banner overlays and other FX on video?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by MeNoRike, Jan 23, 2007.

1. MeNoRike

MeNoRike Member

I'm trying to make a couple of banners that contain text to be an overlay that goes along with the video. Kind of like how you're watching the news and it'll bring someone's name up and have a color bar behind it, etc. I'm also looking at other special fx but I don't know what the best program to use would be.

I have Sony Vegas and I've made all my edit's and transitions through there. Does anyone know where to find a site with different plug-ins and add-ons for Vegas that can allow me to do this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

Hands Down Adobe After Effects, Use in conjunction with Photoshop. You can create graphics in photoshop then import them into after effects where you can create just about any special effect you want, even simple 3D effects.

3. MeNoRike

MeNoRike Member

Will Vegas do overlays of any kind?

4. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

I don't know, check the help.

5. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

What you nedd to create overlays is multitrack editing. Only a couple of years ago, only a limited number of video editing programs had multitrack editing, but these days almost every serious video editing program has it. This includes Vegas (at least the latest versions).