1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best program(s) for divx to dvd/ dvd authoring issue

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by EDM317, Apr 6, 2007.

1. EDM317

EDM317 Member

Hi everyone. I was hoping some of you could help me out here. Lately I've been burning my divx videos to dvd using Nero Vision 4. I've gotten pretty good results. The only problem was that when played back on the dvd player, it showed two sets of widescreen bars. These video files are widescreen, probably 16:9. And I am pretty sure that the original videos do already have some widescreen bars (though not to 4:3 aspect ratio), but I cannot be certain. When these files are played on the computer, there are not two sets of widescreen bars. Even when the dvd I had made is played back on the computer there is not this problem. I realize this is not a very big deal, but it is a little annoying, and I would like to fix it if possible. The actual picture is of perfect size, without the picture being cropped or stretched. Is there a way I can fix this, either by making a new file before making the dvd or in a program similar to what nero vision does?

But besides that, I was also curious about what program would be best for me to use for this kind of thing. I want good quality but without having to do alot of time consuming/complicated steps, which in my opinion Nero Vision did for me, besides the issue with the widescreen bars. But there is probably a better way, no?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

There should be settings which you can change RE aspect ratio before you come to finally encode/burn. Have a play around with them. I don't know specifically what to reccomend settings wise, as a lot of it is dependant on your TV's aspect ratio etc.

Another program you can look into is VSO ConvertXtoDVD - it does much the same thing as NVE but is layed out a bit more simply.

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ive just started useing VSO convertxtodvd. great program. other than takeing some time to convert pretty good program and very easy to work.

it works great with converting AVI's
    also i have a kodak digital cam and it takes videos in the mpeg4 format and it converts them to dvd also