1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best program to burn Wii game ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jjvcrew, May 31, 2007.

1. jjvcrew

jjvcrew Member

I see alot of ppl using Nero but Is NERO the best ?

Will DVD Decrypter works ? how about Alcohol 120% ?

thanks.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

No DVD decrypter will not work.

But allot use ImgBurn. I used to use Nero but switched to imgBurn and I get better results.

Here is the link for ImgBurn (It is freeware)...

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

After the install all you do is choose MODE/WRITE

You can also copy a backup by choosing MODE/READ then MODE/WRITE (This only works for game disc that are already backed up)

I think the same coders that brought us DVD Decrypter also does ImgBurn. I could be wrong tho.

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  3. jjvcrew

jjvcrew Member

thanks. thats exactly what i need. btw i have wiikey and is Verbatim DVD+R ok to use to burn wii games ? and what speed should i use thanks.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

All you can do is try them. Wii's can be picky with the type of media you use. I have seen some have great success with Verbatim and I have seen some have problems with them.

DVD-R are most compatible but again your Wii might read the disc fine.

Verbatim and Tayio Yudens are the most recommended media most use. I have found that My Wii has had trouble with both of those and have switched to Maxell DVD-R 16x and have had no issues with Disc Read Errors.

I would burn the disc at half the rated speed of the disc. If you find yourself getting Disc Read Errors then slow it down even slower if possible. If you still are having problems with Disc Read Errors or even getting the game to play at all then switch media.

Once you find media that works with your Wii then stick with it. Try not to switch it up because you get a deal on cheap media. It will only cause a headache.

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  5. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

I use Verbatim DVD+R 8X with VideoGard and burn at 4X using ImgBurn. All my Wii games work flawlessly.