1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best program to use in conjunction with CCE?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by jetsetter, Oct 29, 2007.

1. jetsetter

jetsetter Member

so i recently downloaded The Film Machine and set it up for use with CCE. the video looks excellent however the audio seems very flat. the original audio on the avi seems a bit more lively. perhaps its just my imagination but i want nothing more than the video quality to match that of the audio quality. so im wondering.. what are the best programs to use in conjunction with CCE SP2 that will produce the highest quality in terms of both audio and video? i have tried ConvertXToDVD (very good but im trying to look beyond the basic noob-friendly progs) as well as AVI2DVD, which, when used with CCE failed to start encoding once it opened CCE! this, too i cannot figure out. anyway im just looking for some suggestions as to what other programs will give quality results! thanks :)

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

3. jetsetter

jetsetter Member

thanks Deadrum33 but i think i might have misstated myself :/ i am actually familiar with using DVD-RB + CCE for DVD backup however i should say that my original post was in regards to converting Avi/Divx > DVD. right now im trying out The Film Machine + CCE SP2 (4-pass) + Sonic Foundry Soft Encode (for audio). im hoping it turns out ok. still curious to know what everyone else uses for best all around A/V quality.

4. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

AHHHHHHHH! jetsetter I guessed wrong that you "newbie" posted in the wrong forum, you DO want DivX and such. :)
    Honestly, writing that type script is not my strong point, so I wont even pretend to help you get those programs to talk to each other.

Trial and error on my own, I have opened my CCE 2.70 without other programs help and even though I messed up the target size, I got a 12GB .avi home movie stream down to about a 3GB size but the process it splits the audio of course and I havent put it back together yet. Too lazy and havent needed to tackle new programs lately.

I'm sure someone will swoop in soon and add to the discussion. Hope you find the answers and share...

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

i use TFM/CCE have done for years this led from avi2dvd which crapped out on me many times

tfm latest version uses a different approach to audio, so i dont use the latest version, and the auio encoder i use in the app i teck BESWEET! aften wasnt good for me...

tfm/cce is awesome i love it to bits!

6. jetsetter

jetsetter Member

i don't really know a terrible amount in regards to the freeware audio encoders. what is the reason you prefer BeSweet to Aften? i have actually been trying out Sonic Foundry Soft Encode but i still can't get the audio to output as nice as ConvertXToDVD (unfortunately video quality isn't the same as TFM + CCE). maybe i need to adjust the bitrate or something with TFM..? i keep getting a loud/muffled sound when encoding at 348kbps audio bitrate :/

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

i set besweet as theres been alot of issues covered on the website of tfm about aften making rough audio / low etc...

im 4 versions back i think from latest...

bit rate in tfm i use 448
    --------

could also be a codec issue on your pc???