1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best PS2 Mod Chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by AFreak, Jul 4, 2007.

1. AFreak

AFreak Regular member

What is the best PS2 mod chip available? I'm wanting to get my Fat PS2 modded, and I have a network adapter if that does anything. I say network adapter because I have an HDD with some games on it, and I'd like to use it with the Modchip.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  2. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

I'd say the Crystal Chip SLE is the "best" chip, but not very user-friendly. Matrix Infinity chips are good as well. I'd avoid the DMS4 chips, as I've found their hardware to be unreliable.

3. AFreak

AFreak Regular member

What exactly do you mean by not user-friendly? And will the matrix/Crystal Chip SLE

chips let me use my HDD?

4. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

The BootManager program that comes with the Crystal Chip is confusing to use, and does not do anything better than uLaunchELF. I have my machine with a CC boot straight to uLaunchELF, and I do everything from there.

Both those chips will let you run homebrew that does support the hard drive.

5. shuye

shuye Member

There's a hacked boot manager v34 available. You can pretty much do whatever you want.