1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best PS3 Game?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by glenquag, May 20, 2007.

1. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I just bought my PS3 and have no games yet so...I'd like to hear some peoples opinions on PS3 games, which do you think is the best? I don't wanna buy a bad game and blow like $80 for nothing...But yeah. I rented Resistance: Fall of Man, but it wasn't as good as i thought it would be...I'd also like to know if there's any good online games for PS3?

2. TheNick

TheNick Guest

You didnt dig Resistance, really? I dont even normally go for shoters and im having a good time with that.

That said, i picked up Ultimate Alliance off of a used site and im a marvel fanboy so im loving that, will likely get Oblivion soon. Tekken was a solid purchase (online store) for $20, ill prolly get Calling All Cars next as ive heard good things, mebbe flOw too. I just need to hold off till the summer when we get Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Darkness and then Stranglehold, and fall is loaded with great games.

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I just gave resistance another chance and it's actually pretty cool online...i like going up behind someone standing there, and then rifle butting them in the head while saying a sound effect online...lol its funny. They fly like 5 feet...but yeah it's an alright game, not the best though.

Oh, and yeah i know! Fall is packed with so much games. Socom: Confrontation, GTA IV etc..but yeah thats a while away=(

4. TheNick

TheNick Guest

I havent even tried Resistance online yet, dont know anybody on the network...are there a lot of people playing, or is it hard to get a good game going? I dont even know how many people are in a deathmatch.

5. nodroG479

nodroG479 Member

resistance online is godly. there are tons of people playing all the time and a game can have up to 40 people. there is zero lag.

6. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Yeah its awesome.

7. cashman91

cashman91 Regular member

godfather don edition i have nobody talks about here but i like the game its like GTa but with a proper story line

8. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

9. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Right now if you want the most for your money get OBLIVION. Even though its a year old, if you haven't played it, trust me you'll like it a lot. It is my first PS3 game.

Resistance is a awesome game also, if you want to experience a FPS where you can't run in as a 1 man army and actually have to dodge bullets then get it, its rocks. 40 players online is fast and intense. The AI is very good also.

Motorstorm is also a great racing game, though i find it really shines online, especially since the new update for it. Very fun game and the graphics are mind blowing.

Right now im currently waiting for Rainbow Six Vegas that will rock online.

But, if you want a single player game that will last you many hours get Oblivion you won't regret it.

If anyone wants to add me on there buddy list it is Brutal92.

10. bud_thoj

bud_thoj Member

^^werd^^
    I have oblivion and its fun. Keeps you real busy. Best game for ps3 and the money imo.

11. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

oblivion for sure.

12. eze415

eze415 Member

the best game is yet to come. Ninja Gaiden Sigma. If you havent already played it for xbox, its a must buy.

13. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I played the demo, and as much as i like action games.. i didn't really like it a whole lot. After playing God of War it just didn't seem the same. But i did like running up the walls, the nice graphics and the variety of weapons. I think the full game will obviously be better though.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
  14. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I think the best game(s) to come will be Rainbow Six Vegas & Unreal 3 (Based on being an online player), and Gran Turismo 5 will probably be awesome too after playing GT HD i was impressed. But i think Ninja Gaiden will turn out the be the next great single-player game.

15. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Call of Duty 3 isn't bad online. It can get intense I like it though.