1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best quality, priced,printable 4x -r media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by sjg1999xp, Nov 15, 2004.

1. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

I just purchased Ritek Ridata G04 Grade A 4X DVD-R 4.7GB White Inkjet Printable (Ridata Hub Branded) Blank Media from meritline and my first 5 burns are skipping around and I burned at 2 x and I burned the same exact Ritek Ridata G04 Grade A 4X DVD-R 4.7GB hub branded media but they were not the printable ones and I did about 300 dvd's and had like 1 or 2 coasters. It looks like I got a bad batch because my settings are the same as before using dvd shrink. My question is what are some good priced, quality 4x -r media that I can buy. Do other brands need to be branded like ritek and if not how do I tell which ones are legit or fakes. Thanks Steve G.

2. hm1

hm1 Regular member

Hi sjg1999xp

Guess it all boils down to what you what to use the disks for, how sensative your players are.

Ritek still seems the best price for value disk at the moment.

I like Ridisc, and rivision disks are very good too.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Always buy BRANDED Riteks. I have never had but one bad one in 700 burns. I also get mine at Meritline which has an excellent return policy, if you don't like 'em, send 'em back for a full refund.

use dvdinfopro to check your media. It has many other uses too, a very handy free tool I keep on my desktop for easy access :>)

4. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

It is just weird that I had never had a problem with branded ritek media and now I switch to the branded ritek printables and I am getting bad quality. I am going to call meritline and exchange these, any good ideas of what is a good quality printable media that I can order from meritline or should I go with the same riteks again and hope that I don't get another bad batch. Thanks Steve G.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

It is indeed strange. These did have the purple dye on the back? I know that the G04 is coming out with a new dye on the back and just wondered if they were doing it on others. Did you try Dvdinfopro and see what it said?

I would write meritline and see what they say also, they are pretty good about repling, usually within a day.

6. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

These have the purple dye liek the nonprintables. I just got my hands on a non printable Ritek Ridata G04 Grade A 4X DVD-R 4.7GB (Ridata Hub Branded) and burned the same dvd and it works fine, I do not understand, I even opened my oteer 50 pack because I ordered a 100 pack of the Ritek Ridata G04 Grade A 4X DVD-R 4.7GB White Inkjet Printable (Ridata Hub Branded) and the second set of 50 aren't working either. It looks like a bad bath and I spoke to meritline and they will return them but now I have to ship out and reorder. I am hesitant on reordering from them again and getting the same kind. What does anyone think, should I take my chances and order Ritek Ridata G04 Grade A 4X DVD-R 4.7GB White Inkjet Printable (Ridata Hub Branded)again or is there another branded brand that I can buy that would have good quality or better then ritek. Also where do I get dvd infopro and how would I use it. Thanks again for the help, Steve G.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

oops, sorry, double post, damn server.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Why not get the Ritek G05 8x -R? It is 8x but you can still burn at 4x and they have it for about .40 to .45 each w/free shipping. You can get them in the White Inkjet Printable (Ridata Hub Branded) also. Same quality, purple dye, made by ritek and wouldn't be from the same batch.

I just bought 200 of them and no problems at all :>)

9. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

For some reason, I only see the following G05 -r Printables:

Ritek RiData DVD-R G05 8X (White Inkjet Printable)
    Ritek RiData DVD-R G05 8X (White Inkjet Hub Printable)

Which ones would I go with to print the exact picture or a original dvd to this and I don't see anywhere that these are braned, please let me know when anyone gets a chance.

Thanks,
    Steve G.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

11. hm1

hm1 Regular member

ritek Rivision

nice brand

12. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Big Orange, I tried the link but still can't find g05 branded printables and the 2 I do find, I am unsure which are better for printing the cover on because one is hub printable and the other isn't. I am unsure if that is the kind I need or maybe I don't print on the hub. My main concern is quality(branded)I am returning my printable branded g04's now I hope I have betetr luck with the g05's you tell me to get, can you answer this for me, I appreciate the help:

For some reason, I only see the following G05 -r Printables:

Which ones would I go with to print the exact picture or a original dvd to this and I don't see anywhere that these are braned, please let me know when anyone gets a chance.

Thanks,
    Steve G.

13. Joel5000

Joel5000 Member

You could try 100 Prodisc 8X white inkjet hub printable DVD-R at supermediastore.com for $37.00. I haven't used the 8X, but I've had fantastic results with the 4x Prodisc media (unfortunately they are currently out of stock).

Joel

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I was pretty sure they made a branded printable disc and meritline carried them.

I don't label my discs, I make cases with covers and use a sharpie on the discs themselves, so I'm not %100 sure. If meritline doesn't have them no one does. you can always order a pack and use dvdinfopro to analyze them. Meritline has full refund with no restocking charge even if they have been opened. One of the reasons I recommend them.

If they are not Ritek or Ricoh in dvdinfopro you can always send them back.

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I have heard that prodisc can be inconsistent also, some good, some bad. I have never used them as I always use branded ritek or verbatim, but have seen complaints in other threads.

I would add tho, once you find something that works for ya, I also subscribe to the "if it ain't broke" theory :>)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  16. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Hey guys if you would have to choose between the two what would it be:

I am not sure which one I will need to make thge labels exact meaning do I need to be able to print on teh hub or not?

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

It's really up to you, do you want to print all the way to the hole or just to the edge of the hub?

18. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

I think I am just gonna go with these and get a 25 pack to be safe, thanks again for the help. Steve G.

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Good luck, be sure to let us know how it goes :>)

20. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Hey, I just got my Ritek RiData DVD-R G05 8X (White Inkjet Printable), they are branded and my first 4 burns turned into coasters. It seems that when I get halfway through each dvd that I burned, it starts skipping around and getting out of wack. I have burned over 120 dvd's with my go4 branded non printabels with no problems. As soon as I switched to printables, I cannot back up anything. I am even buring at 2x and am getting the same results. I am almost positive thta my settings are the same because I didn't change anything from when I burned with my ritek g04 branded non printables. Is there any chance that I got 2 bad batches, that is why I went with the G05 this time because my printable go4's gave me problems also. I have no clue why this is happening, any ideas? Thanks Steve G.