1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Ritek disc to go with?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by III, Aug 15, 2004.

1. III

III Member

I'm looking at http://disccity.co.uk/acatalog/DVDR.html and I have never used any Ritek media before. They have all different kinds of dvd-r's. I usually just go with Verbatim. Whats the best kind of Ritek media to use? I'm thinking of going with Ritek 4x DVD-R (second listed on the list)

2. jg2004

jg2004 Member

Id go with the 'Datawrite Yellow Ritek 4x DVD-R' near the bottom of the page, they use the Ritek GO5 dye and are originally meant to be only 4 speed but burn perfectly at 8 speed in my Pioneer 107D. I have tried the Ri-disc (Ritek GO4s) which are 4 speed at 8 speed on my writer and they all produced coasters.

3. III

III Member

thanks. so the Datawrite Yellow Ritek 4x DVD-R would be better than the Ritek 4x DVD-R (second one listed on the list) the yellow ones are like £2 cheaper. Gotta like that is they are better

4. III

III Member

black bottom and a yellow top

5. jg2004

jg2004 Member

Yes I would have to say they are better than Riteks, they have a yellow top and a dark purple underside(the G05 dye)