1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Security Suite

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by MaxPayne1, Apr 12, 2007.

1. MaxPayne1

MaxPayne1 Member

Hi,

Just wondering about security suites.....would I be better to go with ZA version 7 or KAV 6.0?. OR would I be better sticking with what i already have.

I currently have Comodo firewall, AVG Free (resident scanner active), Avast (as on demand), Syware blaster, Spyware guard, Spybot, Adaware SE and use Cyberhawk (HIPS) along with PG2 I also use A2 and Super Anti-spyware as on demand scanners.

I have read about the low detection rates of AVG (in the wild) and Avast. Any suggestions, thanks.

2. maxtech07

maxtech07 Member

Hey
    Here's a website of top reviews for best softwares of every kind. They show whats the best and whats not.
    http://software.toptenreviews.com/
    Go to the section called Security & Privacy and click on Anti spyware, Anti virus, Firewall etc.
    These website usually shows softwares that are costy but it may help you.It's a really good website.

If you want to secure your PC at low or no cost i recommend these:
    -Antivirus: Avast! antivirus home or professional edition,BitDefender 10 or Kaspersky 6.0 (last two aren't free)

-Antispyware: Adware SE,Spyware Terminater (easy to use), Spybot Search & Destroy,A-Squared Anti Malware

-Firewall: Zonelabs ZoneAlarm Firewall (free,the best everywhere) or Outpost Firewall 4.0 (2nd best,i'm not sure if there's a free version).These 2 are a little novice and annoying but the best in their category.

These are the basic security components I just mentioned. If you hae any questions about specific softwares I can give a good idea if they are good or not.

1 more thing before I leave. I don't know why a lot of people here use AVG. I have used it before and it's not good. I suggest to get a different one.]

Hope this helps you. Write here again if you hae any problems with the softwares I mentioned. I'll try to get back as soon as possible.